How to report fraud and return money stolen from me by fraud

ivanivovojvodic
Contributor
Contributor
Today I reported a case of fraud and reported that the useful one took my money fraudulently. I was ripped off at PayPal and I reported a case of theft immediately but the PayPal service immediately closed the case, and a user who will probably do so again through this service and through other money transfer services will do so again to many like me. If you're the victim of a scam and you haven't been able to stop the theft in time, what do I have to do right now to get my money back that's been stolen from me?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

dogdogkeith
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar issue. Got defrauded on a purchase on eBay, immediately tried to report it but when I went to disputes there was no dispute. I  may have been signed-in a guest which has happened in the past as there is no way to tell. Whatever the reason there was no case to upload information to. eBay closed the case which I had no way to access or upload tracking to. They closed the case even while I was texting them (on some useless  24 hour turnaround time), trying to chat again into the ether, and emailing frantically to get the situation addressed. I did as I was instructed and returned the purchase to the seller who claims he never got it - a lie that is easily proven with tracking, he also claimed he refunded me another easily proven lie, then bizarrely he told me I can keep the merchandise which he had in his possession. Meanwhile, no help from eBay or Paypal. I have been trying for weeks to reach anyone with a brain and a pulse to address this situation at either pay pal or eBay which appears to be absolutely impossible. WTF ebay and Paypal are terrible. Where the hell is the customer service? Why Can't I talk to a real person when **bleep** goes off the rails this bad?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ivanivovojvodic 

Difficult to advise as you haven't said how you paid ie which paypal option did you use to send the money / which dispute did you open / how did you fund your paypal payment?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.