How to report a fraudulent store that uses Paypal?

thenoscam
Contributor
Contributor

How to report a fraudulent store that uses Paypal?

I didn't buy anything there, but I like to help to get those fraudsters removed. It's usually ads that pop up on Facebook etc 

Here is are examples:

https://www.shopweo.com/20-volt-max-lithium-ion-cordless-combo-kit-14-tool

https://www.zoneteed.com/20-volt-max-lithium-ion-cordless-combo-kit-14-tools

Most are hosted by Shopify, but usually they use Paypal. 

I wonder if there any way to report them to Paypal? 

And I wonder how they get the money? Obviously the customer will file a dispute, even though the fraudster will send some crap just to have proof of delivery. But with some cases I followed mostly the customer will get the money back - but I doubt from the fraudsters. Is Paypal paying from their pockets?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thenoscam 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Paypal does take action against companies that receive lots of complaints and can withdraw their services BUT its easy enough to just set up another website and another name and start over.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

thenoscam
Contributor
Contributor

The question was: How to report a fraudulent store that uses Paypal?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thenoscam 

Do you mean ''thank you for that information and taking the time to respond to my post but can i also clarify how to report that store as well as you missed that bit of info''?????

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tammy58
Contributor
Contributor

YingLian Trading is a scammer and doesn't return the money you spent on an item you never received. They also send you a cheap gift so they have a verifiable Tracking #. My daughter gave me an idea which I'm going to follow from now on. I've been duped by too many of these companies and lost money. So I now will only order on Amazon Prime. They have a return policy that doesn't cost us (customers) to return a product. And when I do happen to want something that is from a 3rd party, I will get their information on not only how it's being sent, but their address and phone number, and make sure someone answers. Also if they should send me the wrong item to get a tracking number to give to our banks so we can't get credit for the bogus item that they probably don't even have. So while that might cover their **bleep** in having a tracking number. Get hold of the postal service they used and find out the weight of the item. Most of the time the cheap product they send you and you receive will have the weight of the item too, and it should match the item you ordered. If it doesn't that is about the only way you can prove they didn't send you the right item. I'm never throwing out any mailing address labels from the packages I get when I order something as well as keep the order in my 'Save' file or print a copy of the order. But probably best to just not order from 3rd parties unless you've ordered from them previously and they have a good standing with the site they are on, like Amazon. Try not to order directly from them, too many things can go wrong. I hope that is helpful. I did report this company with the FTC and told them about the company and where to look for the complaints on Paypal and in Google. So whether they do anything or not, they can have it on record that this company or fake company isn't following honest trading practices and should be taken down.

Login to Me Too

Jackjj
Contributor
Contributor

It doesn't matter. Paypal can care less.  Your losing your money and not them. I filed a dispute because I had not received my product. They denied and said I received it. I began looking and found tracking number on a item I recdieved two days ago that I did NOT order but they have a received ticket by USPS. Paypal is happy and I am out $99. Dealing with Paypal is like dealing with your dead best friend.

Login to Me Too

thenoscam
Contributor
Contributor

@Tammy58 @Jackjj 

Your situation is clear cut. You ordered something, didn't received it > you can file a dispute on that transaction. Since the scammers aren't that stupid they will send you a $1 item just for the tracking code. This said, I did heard many stories that Paypal still did the refund (in some cases the $1 item had to be returned to the scammer too, Paypal refunded that money too, even though the scammers address is fake and they will never get it, or want it). In which case I believe the money comes from Paypal, not from the fraudsters, they withdraw the money daily (I guess).

But I didn't order anything, I see a store (actually many) that are fraudulent, and want to try to report them without transaction. There is no obvious procedure for that.

It's like:

Me: There is a bank robbery on Citibank, Central

Police: Thanks for calling, are you a customer with that bank?

Me: No

Police: Then how can we help you?

Login to Me Too

crabapple754
New Community Member

Zoneteed.com  Transaction 3/20/2020.  Paid thru paypal 58.96.

Never received item.  I want a refund. 

Stanley <removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.