How to reinstate merchant account

writerro
Contributor
Contributor

A person I know was underage when he was using PayPal to sell items. He had everything certified as authentic by a jeweler, but two buyers said they were fake and never paid. This kid didn't check email in time and lost a lot of money when PayPal closed his account, but still demanded fees. He doesn't want to use PayPal again, but I just wonder if he can clear his name. Up until now, they are demanding the money and will not reinstate him even if he pays it. 

I read about someone else who was selling board games and PayPal shut her down for some unknown reason. Is PayPal scamming sellers? Does anyone know how to get this kid (now almost 19) back into PayPal if he wants to? I doubt he does, though, I'm just wondering.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@writerro

If his paypal account is in negative balance and he has refused to clear it then paypal will sell the debt to a debt collection agency who will try to recover those costs once he is 18 or from a parent.

Not sure paypal will want his business when he is 18 as he has shown he does not abide by the rules. He would have to ask paypals permission once he is over 18 and he would have to resolve any issues with the old account first to have any chance of them agreeing.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.