How to re-open closed account?

FoziaZahid
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, my account got closed and I am freaking out. I have emailed PayPal already. And I will call them. 

There was NO dispute of any kind with any of my customers. No pending refund claims from anyone.

They just said its closed because of security reasons and perhaps potential risks. They also said they will allow me to transfer money after 180 days that's 6 month of waiting! Further more, they said they will email me after 180 days to explain how to receive my funds. Can anyone tell me how long in total they will take? And is there any suitable alternative to PayPal in case they do no reopen my account? (Although I would want to keep using PayPal as it is secure and easy).

Problem I assume my account is closed for

1. Can it be a problem that my nephew manage my account from a different country? (I have NOT shared my password, I just logged in into his computer so he can manage transactions on my behalf).

2. Can it be a problem that I uploaded wrong document when PayPal requested me to upload documents for proof of address, bank, credit card etc.? It was an accident. I was supposed to upload bank statement and credit card statement. But I mistakenly uploaded just credit card statement twice. AND there was no option of re-sending documents. HOWEVER, I immediately emailed them. And told them via email that I mistakenly uploaded same document and asked them how to re-send (but they never replied so far).

Later yesterday I just received an email saying my account is closed. And that I will be given access to my funds after 6 months. I am freaking out because I have to make some transaction and I was completely relying on my money in my PayPal. I need at least a small portion of my money to keep my daily expenses running. 

Any advise from you community people will be appreciated. I will surely call them. How can they just close account without particularly telling me what specific issue they have found. I have been using PayPal very fairly and never had any disputes. 

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FoziaZahid

Whatever the reason that email means its a permanent limitation.

They freeze your funds for that long as that is the timescale that buyers have to open disputes.

So if that happened paypal would have the funds to refund those buyers.

As for other sites there are many of them, do a google search.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FoziaZahid
Contributor
Contributor

Even if they are holding my money for 180 days because of potential refund claims, last time I received money from someone was more than a month ago. So shouldn't it be like 140 days only because the last time someone paid me was more than one month ago. So the time for last payer to claim refunds is reduced to 140 days (180-40 days already passed). 

And also, holding entire payment makes no sense too. I mean only a fraction of my funds can be claimed then why hold my entire funds and disrupt my flow of finances. 

Never knew PayPal could make decision without telling the particular reason. 

Question

Do you know if there is any way I can appeal PayPal to reassess everything and consider re-opening my account? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.