How to provide proof of delivery on a service?

TheITGuy32
Contributor
Contributor

I was hired and paid to provide IT services. This was a freelance job. I already provided PayPal with screenshots of my communication logs of the buyer through Discord where they posted identifiable information about their PayPal account (their balance). The buyer made a false chargeback saying I did not deliver the product. I also gave PayPal the website where the job was posted and all the information about the buyer. The buyer left an extremely vague message without giving any information such as the website he used to post the job, what job he posted, etc.

I already filed a police claim, showed PayPal images of the chatlogs (even offered the account login that we used to communicate), already showed that this person was making false chargebacks.

This person used 2 accounts to pay me. He filed chargebacks with the same exact reason (a 2 paragraph statement basically saying everyone on the website is a scammer, nothing in particular to me) from both accounts. The first claim was filed and decided in my favor. The second one, under a different account wasn't because I couldn't provide "proof of delivery".

I'm not really sure what to do with PayPal at this point.

I'm ready to take PayPal (along with the buyer) to a small claims court, and just sell the debt to a collection agency if I win, because I have complied with all their requests and requirements. One of the problems I see here is that I keep getting replies from Indian people who barely understand English, so I doubt they understand what I'm trying to tell them that the person is using multiple accounts.

So basically, what counts as proof of delivery for giving IT services, and is there an American/English PayPal office I can contact to try and get this resolved?

If not, what are the chances PayPal is going to respond to a  small claims court case?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.