How to handle a claim

terrihall
New Community Member
Hi, I hope someone can give me some advice. I sold a vacuum on eBay, before selling it I had it professionally refurbished and described it as so in the listing, also stating that it has scuffs here and there, it is a second hand vacuum after all. The buyer received it and contacted me to say that there is no charger and it is used. My fault, I didn’t send the charger and offered to do so immediately. His claim that it is used is invalid, it was sold as used. Anyway, I had forgotten the charger so I accepted the return and issued a returns label through eBay on the 13th August. It appears this label was never used and eBay closed the case in my favour. Now he has opened a PayPal claim. I am looking at responding to the claim, but I want to explain to PayPal what happened with eBay, that he never used the label which they can tell as it’s tracked. Do I respond by clicking the button that says I will offer full refund, buyer must return, or do I say I dispute this and that I have more information to add? I waited weeks for eBay to close the case in my favour, now I have to go through it all again with PayPal. The buyer is even sending me messages threatening to take me to court. Saying that I used a cheap return service (Royal Mail through eBay?!) and now claiming that the item isn’t working which it definitely was. Please help me, this is so stressful, all I wanted to do was sell my vacuum to have a little extra money in this difficult time and I am afraid I have lost the money and the item.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.