How to get to be protected againts scam / fraud hosting offers

yvonneholland
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed by dollar2host, PAYPAL is denied my claim.

Last year I have purchased hosting from DOLLAR2HOST ( later I have noticed that they are scammer and no providing service ), While I paid last year through PAYPAL, PAYPAL had marked this transaction as " preapproved payment ". I was not know about this.

This year when it comes to renewal, they had automatically took money from my PAYPAL account.

I immediately claimed money, because I will not use hosting service of this scammers. They have also already banned my account after my claim.

They did not answer. 5 days later PAYPAL denied my claim and money stayed with DOLLAR2HOST

In this case, it is clear PAYPAL is an open platform for scammers and no protection against such cases.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yvonneholland 

f you had set up a subscription............

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''..........................

then of course they would follow your instructions and pay it for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

yvonneholland
Contributor
Contributor

Yes , PAYPAL had set up a subscription while purchase hosting service last year. I have no aware abot this. I have just learnt it.

As soon as they took 24 USD from my paypal balance, I have immediatelly logged into account and cancelled this subscription ( preapproved payment ).

I have also claimed PAYPAL, I have sent all scam / fraud reviews list about DOLAR2HOST ( complaints such as TRUSTPILOT and others ).

But PAYPAL dediced for their advantage.

Now I have paid for nothing. No service I have received for this 24 USD. 

After I opened claim DOLLAR2HOST is also banned my hosting dasboard.

PAYPAL is losing trust of peoples.. PAYPAL need to investigate complaints / cases / evidences carefully and deeply !

Login to Me Too

yvonneholland
Contributor
Contributor

As soon as money withdrawal from PAYPAL account, I have disabled "manage pre-approved payments''.

But 24 USD is not refund.

Now my situation: I paid 24 USD for nothing...No service I obtain for this amount.

I felt like scammed.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yvonneholland 

It wouldn't be refunded if you disabled the subscription AFTER you had paid.

Paypal paid as per your request as you had a subscription set up, when you cancelled it then it would stop paying any FUTURE subscriptions for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.