How to get my money back..

Anandajoe2
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a Nintendo switch from a buyer for $91.90 but I never received it .. it says shipped to a P.O. Box but I don’t owe one .. I tried to call PayPal but just get a stupid automatic message.. I’m disappointed and **bleep** rn.. I also tried to email the seller but it was a dummy account, then I file a dispute but got denied BY PAYPAL!!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anandajoe2 

Message PayPal customer service by clicking "messaging us" in the box above regarding Covid-19.

Note, if you opened an Unauthorized transaction dispute, and no one broke into your account to make the transaction, PayPal will deny your case. You will need to request that PayPal change the dispute reason.

If you filed an Item Not Received case and was denied because seller gave a tracking number albeit fake, get official documentation from the post office; either an intranet report of the tracking number/parcel or letter on carrier letterhead saying that your address was not on the parcel, nor was the parcel was delivered to your said address. You may also file a police or ic3.gov report for good measure. Pdf everything so you can attach it to your message when requesting PayPal to appeal their decision.

If PayPal is not responding, then I suggest opening a case with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose CA to get PayPal Office of Executive Escalations to review your dispute.

You last recourse is to dispute through your card issuer if that is how you paid as per section "Dispute with us or your card issuer":

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#purchase-protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Anandajoe2
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much! You’re more helpful than PayPal
Login to Me Too

Cyn65
Contributor
Contributor

I will file a complaint with the BBB in San Jose, CA. I have already filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. My dispute involves 2 companies on my transaction that were different from the website I ordered from. My payment went to BESTONLINES who according to a BBB report has an F Rating. The address on this report refers to a two bedroom trailer in Lacey, WA with 102 names associated with this address. Customer Service # is a recording which denies any association with BESTONLINES. I see hundreds of complaints on PayPal and online about this site yet PayPal obviously sees nothing wrong. My dispute is to be settled August 11. Win or lose I’m done with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Tiana289
Contributor
Contributor
Im ready to call my lawyer if i cant get a live agent they are stealing people money
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.