How to get my money back?

johnny2by4
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, everyone I bought shoes listed as new but when I received them they were worn. I opened a item not as described case on the 180th day but a couple of days later I receive a email saying that the case was closed in the seller's favor. When I tried to dispute it with a customer representative they stated "The case was closed in the seller's favor because you have had the item for 6 months in which we are not aware if they arrived used or were used in your possession." I don't understand so what is the point of the 180 days to open a dispute. Just because I had the shoes for months does not mean I wore them. Someone can easily buy a item listed as new and then wear it the same day they received it and then state that the item received was used. The time difference shouldn't affect the truth of the matter. Is there anyway to get my money back? I bought the item with a linked bank account not credit card.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @johnny2by4 

Thank you for posting.

I am very sorry for the confusion. You are correct that you have 180 days from the purchase date to open a dispute against your seller. However, it is not a guarantee that a buyer will always win the case. All submitted Disputes are subject for review and validation. Having said that the item has been with you for almost six (6) months, we may want to consider checks and balances.

However, you may still want to consider contacting your bank/card issuer to discuss the matter and check for possible resolution.

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos and/or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @johnny2by4 

I completely understand how a situation like this can be incredibly frustrating but If you are able to submit any compelling evidence that will prove that the shoes you received were worn, then your case can be reopened for secondary review.

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos and/or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

biglewis2020
New Community Member
Hi I bought some comics from a comic book dealer in America and he has been stalling on sending them saying he’s trying to sort postage out but I know how much it is because I buy a lot from the US I paid the invoice on the 16th of May and he still hasn’t sent them yet. I just want my money back now it’s taken far to long. Could I get it back or is it gone forever!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.