How to dispute

smittee
New Community Member

Hi,

I am a bit slow understanding the FAQ sheet but have this distinct problem.

I ordered a service - paid fir ti with PayPal - received the testing kit as promised - returned the sample - was emailed that the sample didn't meet testing requirements - asked if I would like a new kit - responded yes ... now months after nothing, no new kit, no Email correspondence, just silence and non-response to email queries by myself.

I'm out $140 bucks and would like to do something about it. How do I report it to PayPal?

Thanks for any/all responses

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi smittee,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

Most transactions run smoothly; however, sometimes problems do occur. If you have trouble with a purchase, you can communicate directly with your seller by opening a dispute in our Resolution Center.

You have until the date noted on the transaction details page to open a dispute with PayPal.

You can open two kinds of disputes:

1. Item not received disputes: If you bought something but didn’t receive it, you can open an ‘item not received’ dispute. Before you open your dispute, wait at least 3 days from the transaction date so your seller has enough time to ship the item.
  2. Significantly not as described disputes: If you received an item that’s significantly different from the seller’s original description, you can open a ‘significantly not as described’ dispute. When you open a ‘significantly not as described’ dispute, you may be responsible for return shipping costs. Here is what we consider significantly not as described:
  • You received a completely different item. Example: You purchased a book and received a DVD or an empty box.
  • The condition of the item was misrepresented. Example: The listing said "new" and the item was used.
  • The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
  • The item is missing major parts or features which were not disclosed in the listing.
  • You purchased three items from a Seller but only received two.
  • The item was damaged during shipment.

Here's how to open a dispute:

•     Go to the Resolution Center.
  •     Click Report a Problem.
  •     Select the reason for your dispute and click Continue.

What's Next?

You have 20 days from the date you opened the dispute to resolve it with your seller. If your seller isn't responding or you can't come to a resolution, you can escalate your dispute to a claim. If you escalate your dispute to a claim, PayPal will review the case and decide the outcome.

You can manage your dispute in the Resolution Center by communicating with the seller and providing additional information.

Here's some more information you may need during the dispute process.

I hope this helps,

Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.