How to deal with a scam?

Labmanatlarge
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered an item from a business, and the payment was applied to a personal account, I was not provided an invoice for purchase, did not receive shipping information, and when I contacted the business and personal e mails I received no response. I filed a dispute with PayPal and was told my claim was invalid due to definition of billing dispute by PayPal. When I contacted PayPal to try to solve problem the program hung up on me. What can I do next?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Labmanatlarge 

Why would you open a dispute for billing and not non receipt of item?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Labmanatlarge
Contributor
Contributor
I sent the company a request to cancel order and return money, and they sent PayPal a fedex racking number, the weight of item I ordered is 48 pounds, the weight of the package sent by fed ex to me is 1 oz. by definition they have followed the rules, and PayPal is going with them, so what category must I fit my problem into to get a refund?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Labmanatlarge 

Probably too late now as you are only allowed x1 dispute per transactions.

However you should have opened a dispute for non receipt of item and IF you lost due to fake tracking then >>>

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.