cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add money to your balance when your account is limited

carawood
New Community Member

How to add money to your balance when your account is limited

My account has been limited because of unauthorised transactions. I have added extra login steps, and submitted my ID and statements to prove that I am me and I’m the only one with access to my account now. However, they’ve also asked to resolve a negative balance in my account, but when I go to add a bank account to pay it off, it says I’m unable to because my account is limited. It tells me I cannot add a bank account and need to go to the Resolutions Centre and so I click that and it says your account is limited, resolve the issue to get full access to your account. Fixing the negative balance is the last step I need to do but can’t because it won’t let me transfer/add money! What do I do?
1 REPLY 1
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

Re: How to add money to your balance when your account is limited

@carawood 

Ways to clear a negative balance.

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via the add funds function.

2. The quickest and easiest way is to get a mate or family member to send a payment via the friends / family option. As long as they don't fund it with a card it should be free.

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal.

4. Or mail a cheque as per link.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-should-i-do-if-my-balance-is-negative-faq1905?app=s...

5. Buy something and Paypal will normally add the debt to that payment during checkout when you authorise the purchase.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.