How to add information to a claim that Paypal is reviewing?

JHCL1990
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a $75 item from ebay and the package was empty when I opened it (empty package scam). The package is on it's way back to the seller (I was provided a prepaid ebay shipping label) and I also filed a police report. Currently, the claim states that Paypal is reviewing it. However, I would like to add the shipping/tracking information for the package as well as the police report information, but I'm not able to add a response to the claim. How can I do add this information?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JHCL1990

Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

DID you open a case on Ebay and Paypal as well?

If Ebay has provided you with a shipping label,when tracking shows delivered,seller has 3 days to refund in full,else Ebay will do it for him.

no need to go thru Paypal,I don't even know how you can open same case on both sites,

any time Paypal is reviewing a case,it means it has not reached a decision,once it does,it will ask you to return your item on your dime ,upload tracking and then refund when tracking shows it has been delivered.

ebay gives you 30 days ,Paypal 180 days

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.