How to Make Claim on Just-Closed Dispute

reiontravel
Contributor
Contributor

This old chestnut.

I recently had a case close before it was resolved. PayPal will apparently not let me reopen it. Every time I try, it automatically closes the request.

I cannot escalate it to a claim now.

The seller stalled past the 20-day mark apparently. They are a fraud, I fully believe.

I want my money. I've been ripped off. Can someone help me figure out how to escalate this to a claim?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Nctall
Contributor
Contributor

@reiontravel 

I think the best course of action is calling paypal by phone to have the dispute reopened. They will ask you specific details about the transaction and why you reopen the case, you must answer them sensibly. You can contact paypal by going here. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced a problem with this transaction. Please leave a kudo if this helped. 

Login to Me Too

reiontravel
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I reached out by Twitter and seem to have a response. 

(Never order anything from an Instagram ad!)

Login to Me Too

Nctall
Contributor
Contributor

@reiontravel 

I'm glad to hear it. Communicating with the seller is always the preferred alternative to making any sort of dispute. 

Login to Me Too

reiontravel
Contributor
Contributor

Incidentally I'm scammed.

If you let a claim close and not ESCALATE it, you can never reopen it. It's a point of no return. 

I got no notice of this, as that moment of truth came, and it slipped by as my scammers were stalling time, knowing full well the PayPal weird rule.

Be very careful. 

Escalate as soon as you can.

Or you will lose.

And PayPal, it isn't your fault, BUT YOU NEED TO BE MORE TRANSPARENT ON THIS WEIRD RULE. 

Happy times in the 21st century.

Cordially,

A victim of a scam

Login to Me Too

Nctall
Contributor
Contributor

@reiontravel 

Paypal makes that very clear when you open the dispute, you just didn't notice it, to no fault of paypals as it is put in a visible place. 

I apologize that you feel you were scammed however, good luck with regaining your funds. 

Login to Me Too

Bri36
New Community Member

I have had the same problem. How does Paypal allow the seller to use delay tactics knowing for well that this is probably a rip off. I also want to know about all the other people in dispute with the same seller, are alarm bells not ringing? Very disappointed with the whole dispute mechanism, not clear and hardly any communication to the claimant.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.