How to Appeal Purchase Protection Decision?

xxdhebxx
New Community Member

Long story short: I filed a claim for a package I didn't receive.  Paypal denied it because seller provided a UPS tracking number.  I then followed up with UPS and they gave me more detailed tracking info showing the package for that tracking # was addressed to someone else a few miles away from me.  Paypal User Agreement says, "PayPal's original determination is considered final, but you may be able to file an appeal of the decision with PayPal if you have new or compelling information not available at the time of the original determination or you believe there was an error in the decision-making process."  So, I tried following up through the resolution center portal, and was instantly denied on the grounds that "The case was closed as this transaction is ineligible for PayPal Purchase Protection."  So how the hell do I get through to Paypal to show them my documentation that the seller sent my order to the wrong address???

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xxdhebxx 

By contacting customer service:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us

Then drill down to the issue closest to your problem and then scroll pass the “This information might help” box to click a contact option

Or just scroll down to click a contact option after clicking the link above.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.