How on earth Paypal sided with the seller? Can I get some help on this?

Adwasdwa
Contributor
Contributor
I made a purchase recently for $8 for some intonation screws and springs. The photos looked good and the description said the screws would fit most saddles. So I contacted the seller requesting a refund and explained that the screws did not fit (fender mim) (fender usa) (gibson) (prs) which is specifically what I purchased them for, in-fact to be clear, the screws didn’t fit ANY saddles of many of various instruments I have here. Yet the seller responded back with, “this is an $8 purchase, it’s not my problem, pay to ship the item back and as long as it’s received in the same condition. (Which it definitely was) he would refund me back. So I had my wife send the package back, she shipped it UPS for $5 leaving me with a $2.90 refund. So I waited, contacted the seller and sent the tracking # forward. Nothing. So I filed a dispute including all information. And paypal for some wild unknown reason closes the case in favor of the seller??? Please help me with this, where did I go wrong? Should I close my paypal account do to insufficiency? Cannot call and speak to anyone in this time including no support. Admittedly I don’t get frustrated too often, but this one is getting under my skin. Thank you kindly for your help.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Adwasdwa 

So I take it you filed Significantly Not as Described claim, did you escalate to get PayPal to review the dispute first, and then wait for their decision and then provide the tracking number? Maybe the process has to happen like that. Or, their dispute system bots made an error. It had to be machine learning software deciding these cases initially, let's be real, with outcomes train wrecking like this.

You can either get in contact with PayPal customer service to appeal/review the case properly or just dispute through your credit card if that is how you paid, since PayPal already closed the case against you. Your CC may just refund you right away when you explain things to them and provided proof of delivery.

PayPal customer service response may take longer due to Covid-19 situation.

Please visit this page:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/home

Click MESSAGE CENTER or click LOG IN to access your message center or for live chat where available.

Or try Social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

FYI, PayPal has a return shipping refund program. I don't think this return is eligible if you weren't already signed up prior to the dispute, but register for future purchases:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

oscarfairtex
Contributor
Contributor

I am also facing the exact same issue, after returning the item to the seller they closed the case in the sellers favour citing that i did not provide the tracking information

@AskPayPal doesnt do anything to help, nobody is replying to message center. Can't call them as well... feeling very frustrated but there is nothing to be done

Login to Me Too

Adwasdwa
Contributor
Contributor
Yes the claim was filed, then escalated. The resolution center later requested I send a copy of the tracking number. It had a name of an agent who supposedly handled my case. I’m still just baffled at this outcome but when you say “bots” it all starts to make sense. I don’t want to turn this into a complaint but how on earth paypal cannot afford to have someone answering the phones during this time is beyond me. This maybe a sign for me to discontinue my business with Paypal. They have a responsibility and obligation to their customers. (You and me) and many other people out there utilizing a paid service that are not currently receiving any kind of support. When I send money, does paypal not charge me for my exchange? You can utilize Covid-19 as a scapegoat you want. The responsibility and obligation to paying customers remains. Online sales has boosted from this epidemic, yet where are you Paypal? I have doubts that your profit has taken any kind of hit, on the contrary, more like a boost. There are many companies out there in massive debt but remain loyal in support of their customers. Shame on you Paypal. The issue is that I have paypal linked to my bank account and they’ve drawn the purchase direct. That will stop today. If anything like this ever happens again, I will completely stop my business with Paypal. Perhaps I should have started using a credit card long ago for these purchases.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.