How long until paypal removes a stop from my linked cards

llREDACTEDll
New Community Member

So i tried to buy a thing from newegg using merged payment ($450 from paypal $110 from my bank account) in doing this paypal flagged it and put a stop on my account. Ive contacted paypal they cant remove it sadly. so im wondering how long until this stop is gone so i can try just using my bank account instead of merged payment.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @llREDACTEDll,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to make a payment using your linked cards.  The security system can respond to a lot of different factors. It's not possible to isolate exactly what causes the system to decline a payment because a lot of different factors are considered and no specific reason is given. If a representative suggested that it might be that NewEgg payment, that was likely a guess. 

I would recommend continuing to use your account with whatever payment methods are offered at checkout for the time being until the payment methods you would like to use are offered again. I regret that there is not a way to guarantee that a card or bank will be offered as a payment method.

I'm sorry that you've had this experience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.