How long for disputed funds to leave seller's balance?

Ashinthepan
Contributor
Contributor

I had someone mistype a paypal email, one letter difference, the dispute has been closed in their favor but how long until the money is out of my account? I'm not trying to argue the dispute it was an honest mistake, but I'm worried about how long it will take until my balance is back to normal.

I have no open cases in the resolution center, the transaction itself does say "There is an open dispute associated with this transaction." Do I just refund them or will paypal automatically take this out? Thanks for anyone with some insight!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi @Ashinthepan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your concern, and from the details mentioned you may have to try refunding the payment from your end. With the case being closed a refund should have been issued automatically, however if no refund has been issued, I recommend following the steps listed here in order to refund the amount.

I hope this helps!

-Derrick

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi @Ashinthepan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your concern, and from the details mentioned you may have to try refunding the payment from your end. With the case being closed a refund should have been issued automatically, however if no refund has been issued, I recommend following the steps listed here in order to refund the amount.

I hope this helps!

-Derrick

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.