How long does it take to verify KYC for a PayPal account?

saisruthilaya
Contributor
Contributor

I am a freelancer and I have created a PayPal account and had submitted my documents for KYC verification 10 days back. Unfortunately, the sa,e hasn't been completed and I am unable to receive local payments. I sent across a support email for which I am yet to receive a response. When I called up their customer care today morning, they say it will take more time for verification. This is one of the worst services ever. Is there a place to escalate?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

jas5
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem. It is really frustrating! Are your documents approved now?

Login to Me Too

neeraj26jan
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal service is horrible in term of verification and customer support. It take too much time. I don't know what is their problem. They should hire some more people to speed up this process.

Login to Me Too

Kuldeeprajput
New Community Member

Arokia
New Community Member
How days it took to complete kyc. Am too having the same problem
Login to Me Too

ABBAS14
Contributor
Contributor
Contact their support team.
Login to Me Too

Kuldeeprajput
New Community Member

It take maximum 5 days

Login to Me Too

Jyotikapatel78
New Community Member
In my case 24 hr only
Login to Me Too

SandeepBen
New Community Member

It's really frustrating. I entered my correct PAN number and submitted it twice but it declined it automatically and said I have "one last attempt"

How do I reach out to their support team and address this issue? They don't even have a support email id to which I could send a copy of my PAN and Aadhaar card. 

What do you guys suggest I do?

Login to Me Too

Mahir_5
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I received the same problem.
My first attempt was wasted because I hadn't (Had forgotten to) linked my AADHAAR with my PAN
My second attempt failed because the address in my PayPal wasn't a detailed address, i had only mentioned the area and the city. The address should be same as it is in your PAN and AADHAAR.(Exactly same)

My third attempt was successful since I corrected my address. Now, I have to wait for 7 days for them to get back to me after verifying it. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.