How long does it take to Review Documents

Isi123

On 23 February 2019 Pay Pal informed me that I need to verify my identity to lift receiving limits.
On 24 February 2019, I've submitted the documents to verify my identity. 
After that, I got the following notice on my account "We’re reviewing your submissions. Thanks for helping us understand your business better. We’ll get back to you soon."
On 27 February 2019, I sent an email asking how long the verification will take. To this e-mail, I got an auto-reply on no related matter. Since then I've tried to contact Pay Pal by e-mail two more times, to which I got only auto-replies. I also tried calling the contact number, during the week and in working hours. I called a contact PayPal Customer Service <removed> and all I got was a fax sign.
Can I know why no personnel of Pay Pal has contacted me on this matter yet? I have money in my account and this negligence is quite serious.  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Isi123 

depends how busy they are and when they get around to your turn in the queue, can be up to a few weeks.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Isi123

In complement to my post, please let me know when my documents will be verified; how long do I need to wait? In case this takes too long I will refund the money send to me and just cancel my Pay Pal Account. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Isi123 

depends how busy they are and when they get around to your turn in the queue, can be up to a few weeks.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Rebalredhead
Contributor
Contributor
It shouldn't just matter how long it takes but what do they do to verify the documents in my situation the seller said they provided a tracking number nobody verified it or knew who or which carrier or on what date it was sent it was all bogus and I'm out the money because they lied and nobody verified it
Login to Me Too

Zhuvs
I've been waiting for about 2 months now, they accepted one after 24 hours but still not the other. I can't get a PayPal cash card or anything until they verify my info, I've got money on my account I can't receive and it's rent money on top of that
Login to Me Too

ircwebservices
Contributor
Contributor

@Zhuvs  its same here for me. My account has been limited since 27th February and I have submitted all documents requested by their service. I received a mail requesting me to reply to 2 question and replied to it immediately and since then no feedback from Paypal and my account is still limited without having any reason and further communication from their compliance departement since 21 March 2019. I have call 2 times their support, I have send several message through the Contact Customer Service -> Email us page on their website and never got a reply. I have contacted them through Facebook page to get a robot replying to me most of the time and when an agent reply me it only to tell me to be patient and that the issue has been escalated to the concern department and its now more than 1 month no reply from a suppose professional company like paypal. Who has made it to have a monopoly on Payment gateway system for ecommerce on the net. The way users is being treated portrait only that Paypal don't care users should be patient that the only thing you have to do when Paypal would like they will treat your documents otherwise just go and complaint on all platform they have that not an issue you are nothing for them anyway.

What a real shame for supposedly professional company like Paypal to treat users like rubbish and they support is unable to even give a timeframe  nor an estimation of the waiting time for document in queue at the Compliance department.

Login to Me Too

Pluggz
New Community Member
SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME
Login to Me Too

nadinecorsino
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same thing going on with my account too. Its been weeks already. I cant even contact customer service 🤦🏻‍♀️
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nadinecorsino 

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Andrianus

my paypal and my mother paypal also waitting for a document to review

it's been 1 week

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.