How long does PayPal takes to issue a refund

jpscas2001
Contributor
Contributor

I had a problem with the seller, and in my summary Paypal said that they would issue a refund. Can you tell me how long it would take and why is it that I cannot talk to some one from PayPal physically.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jpscas2001

Have you had an email to say a refund was issued?

Does it say pending or on temp hold?

Or is nothing showing?

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR press '0' OR just say the word 'Agent' repeatedly.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jpscas2001
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I haven't received an email as yet about refund

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jpscas2001

Is this as a result of a dispute?

If so then has the dispute finished and did paypal find in your favour?

Can you give some more info?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jpscas2001
Contributor
Contributor

Yes this was due to a dispute. 

After reviewing your case, we found that this transaction was not unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered under PayPal Purchase Protection. We've noted the account changes you reported with this case.

The money will be refunded to the original payment method.

This is what they wrote me

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jpscas2001

Seems on one hand they were saying you were NOT covered and would not be refunded and then the last line saying you would be.........very odd.

However IF they are going to refund you then............

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, the last one taking 4 days).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jpscas2001
Contributor
Contributor

So how can I contact PayPal by email

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jpscas2001

Ways to contact customer services........

1. You can click on help / contact and use the message centre option in the blue band at the top of the page (or the very bottom of the page dependent on country).
2. You can click on help / contact and use the phone option in the blue band top of the page (or the very bottom of the page dependent on country).
3. You can send them a personal message via their Facebook page @ www.facebook.com/PayPal
4. You can send them a personal message via their Twitter page @ AskPayPal for Twitter
5. You can use the message centre in your paypal account.a question on here (answers from community members normally).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jpscas2001
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any other way that Paypal can contact me as I have exhausted all my credit calling them 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jpscas2001

See my post above yours.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.