How long do PayPal take to review documents?

PhilipChris69
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to lift the initial receiving limit of £1,900 per year. To do this, PayPal required documentation to be sent to them as proof of identification and address. As a genuine seller, I had no problem doing this, and I uploaded scanned copies of my passport and recent bank statement for PayPal to review.

However, the problem is that this is taking a very long time with no clear indication of when the review will be finished. I uploaded the documents almost two weeks ago. I was told that the review would be finished within 48 hours (obviously this information was extremely innacurate). I have tried to contact PayPal, but I only received a generic response - "we are still reviewing your account. Thank you for your patience". That's great, but this didn't answer the question of how long this will take, be it several more days, weeks or even months!

I would just like some clarification as to how long I should expect to wait until this review is complete? At the moment there is no clear answer, and I am keen to start selling again but I cannot until the review is complete and the receiving limits are lifted.

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
122 REPLIES 122

Haaanzel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There

i have been "locked out" for a couple of MONTHS & i am STILL recieveing the message below when i try to log in...

Thanks for checking in with us. Your documents are still being reviewed. We'll email you when your identity has been verified.

How long will this take? I am trying to sell things on ebay and as Paypal is the safest way i would rather find out whats happneing with my account first rather than change payment options.

I would be greatful if you could get back to me ASAP.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haaanzel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There

i have been "locked out" for a couple of MONTHS & i am STILL recieveing the message below when i try to log in...

Thanks for checking in with us. Your documents are still being reviewed. We'll email you when your identity has been verified.

How long will this take? I am trying to sell things on ebay and as Paypal is the safest way i would rather find out whats happneing with my account first rather than change payment options.

I would be greatful if you could get back to me ASAP.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Pete771
New Community Member

This is clearly isnt an isolated issue...it happened to me around 20 March and I sent them what they asked for however since then?  Absolute silence from them - apparently I should provide information...but when I go to the resolution centre it says everything has been provided...I am less than impressed 😞 😞

Login to Me Too

Dave1111
New Community Member
Yup. Limitations have been slapped on my account today. Apparently I have received over the amount limit for one year due to selling parts from my broken motorcycle. I am waiting to verify my card so I can continue but after reading all this I'm dreading what comes next! I hope I can get this resolved quickly. I have over £1000 in my balance which I'd rather have in my account than not... Dave (UK)
Login to Me Too

dandd919
Contributor
Contributor

Something is obviously going very wrong with Paypal at the moment. The amount of complaints on their FB page is just to confirm this.

Been waiting for more than a week now with all documents submitted, but can see some people have been waiting for weeks and even months. Tring to resolve anything through the website just puts you in a vicious circle of technical issues making it look like you've never done something properly. Automated responses when you try to reach them, canned and useless assistance on social media, no response for hours on their phone lines.

This is becoming extremely frustrating and causing tremendous issues for normal people and small businesses. Hopefully someone finally resolves this insanity.

Login to Me Too

Justjay
Contributor
Contributor
Replied to all requests sent documents on 22nd march 2016 then told to send more information about my address then asked for more information on the 13th April 2016 because the bank statement did not Match word for word my Paypay billing address. I'm getting worked up about this. I've been with PayPal since 2007 and gave them plenty of fees in the past. I just want my money it's my daughters 18th and I can't pay for items please help with this limitation
Login to Me Too

Justjay
Contributor
Contributor
After posting on here yesterday I got this email last night. We’re really sorry you couldn’t use PayPal to pay recently. We’ve limited your account because we’ve noticed some activity that makes us think it might not be you using it. So we can remove the limit on your account, we need to check some of your details. Just log in to your account and you'll see a notification that your account has been limited, simply follow the steps to confirm some personal details. You’ll be back up and running in no time. Up and running in no time. It's getting on a month ago. 😞
Login to Me Too

Jordan2tagg
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Paypal team,

I read through some of the posts here and saw someone say that if you don't send the requested information within 10 days after it has been requested, you have to remind paypal to check it. Is this really the case? Because I sent mine approx. 1 month after I received the request to lift my limits.

Best regards,

Jordan

Login to Me Too

mick7477

i'ts been over two months for me every time i submit documents it takes them two weeks to review then they turn around and ask for more documents...even asked for copies of my licence an passport so i supplied it to them an they quite literally turned around and said it didn't contain the information they asked for....errrr you asked for my licence an passport.. i supplied perfect full resolution scanned images of them with both sides of the licence as requested... so i resubmitted an they accepted the second time..go figure!. it's been form an document after form an document an letters of authorisation etc... it's well an truely crazy nonsense an i get the feeling some staff like to mess with people when their bored as its the only explanation.. figure this one out they sent me a letter of authorisation that they wanted me to edit add my own company letter head to physically sign scan an email back.. they sent it to me in pdf format..an they wanted me to edit it.. if their not messing with me for fun then i dont know what is going on but i am currently looking for an alternative provider and more than happy to not deal with them and their crazy ways... i've literally applied an gone trhough an entire patent application process quicker than opening a paypal account. my advice to anyone thinking of paypal...run run for the hills stay well an truely clear of these guys power tripping madness and lets support the alternatives even if they are a lil less known an cost that lil bit more here an now for which i guarantee paypal will cost more in downtime an hassles an frezzing accounts and with holding funds etc...

they even requested full administrational access to my website to review my products, prices an buy now buttons... its like opening a bank account an the bank wanting the keys to your business to walk in an change whatever they like whenever they like..seriously avoid avoid avoid

Login to Me Too

MassInfotech
Contributor
Contributor

Its been a month when i submitted all the documentrs required by the paypal and did all the activites needed by paypal for my limited account but i not received any info from paypal  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.