How long do PayPal take to review documents?

PhilipChris69
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to lift the initial receiving limit of £1,900 per year. To do this, PayPal required documentation to be sent to them as proof of identification and address. As a genuine seller, I had no problem doing this, and I uploaded scanned copies of my passport and recent bank statement for PayPal to review.

However, the problem is that this is taking a very long time with no clear indication of when the review will be finished. I uploaded the documents almost two weeks ago. I was told that the review would be finished within 48 hours (obviously this information was extremely innacurate). I have tried to contact PayPal, but I only received a generic response - "we are still reviewing your account. Thank you for your patience". That's great, but this didn't answer the question of how long this will take, be it several more days, weeks or even months!

I would just like some clarification as to how long I should expect to wait until this review is complete? At the moment there is no clear answer, and I am keen to start selling again but I cannot until the review is complete and the receiving limits are lifted.

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
122 REPLIES 122

floodland
New Community Member

Hi, i am waiting for revision of my documents for already one week plus. I cannot use the account, especially now before Xmas its really great. And all this because there was unathorized payment on my account (case already sucessfully closed) and I have changed my password and security questions. As a bonus I had to provide PayPal with ID and I am waiting and waiting. Nothing is happening eventhough I have contacted PayPal via email couple times. Only automated replies being received.

thanks Jan

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi Floodland.

Welcome to the Community.

If you have provided documents through your account and you have not received an update from the relevant teams at this stage, you can try calling them directly on 0800 358 7911 and we can get an update for you while on the phone.

Please let us know how it goes.

David.

Login to Me Too

PashaNeshkova
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,
I'm waiting for my account limitations to be lifted for 3 weeks.
I uploaded all necessary information on Jan 29, 2016.
System shows misleading messages - "We'll contact you if we have any questions." and on top "More information required to lift your account limits" and shows in progress status.
I uploaded files 3 times but it still showing that misleading message.

I uploaded all the information needed I'm sure about that.

Please advice what should I do to solve this issue since this is stopping my business.

Best Regards

Login to Me Too

Vegatrone
Contributor
Contributor

Im from Morocco , and i sent an National Id Card as an adress confirmation , but it took to 3 weeks or more and still getting the message " your documents are under review , please be patient" .

Isnt there any help or advice i can get , it is really annoying , its not like i have millions in account , its just that i dont want to make other accounts and wait for confirmations , errors.....

thanks in advance

Login to Me Too

Thaliquids

Hello PayPal,

I've been waiting 2 days for my review to finish. I hope mine won't take weeks for it to process. Why does PayPal not ask for your documentation while signing up? It's pretty annoying having to wait while you want to donate money to streamers.

Regards,

Thaliquids

Login to Me Too

DororthyRcoks
Contributor
Contributor

In the same boat, been waiting over a week - no response, no review.

Automated responses via the message centre.

No other option, but to call apparently... I don't have that option, I currently have a broken phone!

I might as well close it down now right?!

Rather uncomfortable to be honest, with people having access to my personal information and finanical details that I can't contact very easily - even my bank is more transparent.

Login to Me Too

joci
New Community Member

Hello

i upload 2015 november my ID Card, Home Card and nothing happened... im waiting for a long time... yesterday i upload my bank statement my all bills! Please answer me why cant use my money on paypal from my family? im **bleep** angry.....

best regards!

Login to Me Too

aphistemi
New Community Member

I have the same issue. It says my account is in review since NOVEMBER 2015!

I really need to use it, I sent the documents then and now it's been over 5 months, this is ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

Jimmy-p
New Community Member

Hello All,

I own a business account in Paypal.

I sent several massages to them because I'm trying to solve my limitation problem.

They required an ID (proof of Identity) and a telephone bill (proof of address).

First of all I sent them my personal ID which contains my identity info but they also wanted the expiry date of the ID.

In Greece (where I come from) IDs do not expire, so obviously I cannot help them with that.

I also sent them a telephone bill which includes the company address, but they told me that the name on the faxed document does not match the name that is registered on my PayPal account. The name that appears in the telephone bill is my company’s legal distinctive title. It’s an individual company so the name of the company is my own name, but the distinctive title is the one that appears in the telephone bill document.

I informed paypal regarding the above and told them to solve my limitation problem but they haven't respond to any of my messages.

What should I do?

Login to Me Too

zinetic
Contributor
Contributor

hello paypal.

i have had a UK verified bus acct for 10 years and paypal have decided to add a a limitation to the acct meaning:  I cannot accept any payments.

this has now been going on since Friday april 1st 2016.

can you review the documents we uploaded urgently and lift this?

we have called numerous times and been told we cannot speak to anyone in compliance...shocking service after ten years of trading with you...
we were told Friday 24-72 hours max and the restriction wouild be lifted...

the paypal customer service person we spoke to told us that the douments we have uploaded all comply. yet we are still restricted...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.