How long do PayPal take to review documents?

PhilipChris69
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to lift the initial receiving limit of £1,900 per year. To do this, PayPal required documentation to be sent to them as proof of identification and address. As a genuine seller, I had no problem doing this, and I uploaded scanned copies of my passport and recent bank statement for PayPal to review.

However, the problem is that this is taking a very long time with no clear indication of when the review will be finished. I uploaded the documents almost two weeks ago. I was told that the review would be finished within 48 hours (obviously this information was extremely innacurate). I have tried to contact PayPal, but I only received a generic response - "we are still reviewing your account. Thank you for your patience". That's great, but this didn't answer the question of how long this will take, be it several more days, weeks or even months!

I would just like some clarification as to how long I should expect to wait until this review is complete? At the moment there is no clear answer, and I am keen to start selling again but I cannot until the review is complete and the receiving limits are lifted.

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
122 REPLIES 122

Pippadollysammi
Contributor
Contributor

I have submitted my documents today,I need to k ow how long it will take to have my limit lifted as I have people trying to pay me and I need to pay for items as well,I do not want my customers to g impatient with me,I don't run a business,I just make things at home and sell them but recently they have done a little better than usual,I am therefore keen to keep the momentum going and this is really delaying a lot of things,hope you can help me,I'm so anxious about this,

Login to Me Too

6lazent
New Community Member

Hi Paula,

This is a bloody joke? Such a big name as Paypal, and there is no way to contact you. With a stupid automated reply in every contact section? I was two hours waiting on the phone. Your customer service is shocking and I hope there is an explanation for all of this.

6lazent.

Login to Me Too

robhallil
New Community Member

just call in it took me about 20mins for the guy to confirm them !!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

DisappointedOne
New Community Member

Hello, I really need to withdraw my money. PayPal won't let me. They won't even let my client refund the money she sent by mistake and they make it an issue even though I did not object to the refund. I told them she sent it by mistake because we were first time users. I have already sent the documents I have. No one is answering in the phone, in the message center, it was automated. You cannot even email them because they replied that they do not read emails. How am I supposed to fix this? It's my money that I entrusted to PayPal. This is a very bad experience. 

Login to Me Too

Brains1951
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. On April 22nd my account was suspended. I have sent passport info and driving licence but because the name is not exactly the same it's unacceptable. Can't fax further info because fax always engaged. What do I do? They seem to think I have a business account but I don't. Rang 3 times but keep receiving hopeless unhelpful emails continuing to ask for further details. Help.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi Brains1951,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear about the frustration.

Have you tried uploading the documents rather than faxing them? It’s much faster and you can simply take a photo of the full document with a camera or a mobile phone and upload it to your Resolution Centre and send it to us.

In general if there is a small mistake in your name, you should be able to request the update to be made based on your proof of identity.

Please note that the address on your PayPal account and the proof of address need to be identical as well.

If need any further assistance, we also provide support via Social Media (24/7). You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

cjk18
New Community Member

Hi i've been waiting for 4 days and still nothing. It is a big problem (I need to buy something on eBay asap) and have no idea why my account was limited in the first place. Have submitted an enquiry to Paypal but still nothing - really bad customer service. What's going on??

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Guys,

Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook, Twitter, email or phone and we would be happy to advise.

Thanks - Siobhan

Login to Me Too

adrianke
Contributor
Contributor

i submited my documents and still get this message 

We're reviewing your submissions.
We’ll get back to you within 2 business days.
this is more than 2 weeks. whats happening
Login to Me Too

PleaseAnswerMe
Contributor
Contributor
Mine hasn't been reviewed yet either. Seeing how many people that has the same problem, that concerns me as to how long it would have to take me. I have money in PayPal that I can't take out.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.