How long do PayPal take to review documents?

PhilipChris69
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to lift the initial receiving limit of £1,900 per year. To do this, PayPal required documentation to be sent to them as proof of identification and address. As a genuine seller, I had no problem doing this, and I uploaded scanned copies of my passport and recent bank statement for PayPal to review.

However, the problem is that this is taking a very long time with no clear indication of when the review will be finished. I uploaded the documents almost two weeks ago. I was told that the review would be finished within 48 hours (obviously this information was extremely innacurate). I have tried to contact PayPal, but I only received a generic response - "we are still reviewing your account. Thank you for your patience". That's great, but this didn't answer the question of how long this will take, be it several more days, weeks or even months!

I would just like some clarification as to how long I should expect to wait until this review is complete? At the moment there is no clear answer, and I am keen to start selling again but I cannot until the review is complete and the receiving limits are lifted.

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
122 REPLIES 122

Will4298
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal_Anna wrote:

Hi All,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear that many of you need to wait for their documents to be reviewed.

The standard review time is 24 – 72 hours. If you are waiting longer, please consider contacting us via phone. In this way we will be able to review your account and help you resolve the matter. To speed up the process, please make sure you’ve provided all information you’ve been asked for before contacting us.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Anna, 

I can't believe you're being a complict slave to PayPal; you're not even being paid to peddle the bulshit that they peddle to customers.

The whole timeframe is a lie and you know it. 
The fact people are on here complaining that the time frame isn't being adheard to is proof of that.

Don't embarass yourself.

I bet your parents are ashamed of going along with ripping honest people off. 

You could be doing somethign positive with your life.

Login to Me Too

Song
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal put the limit on my account over 1 month ago. Didnt even send me an email that instruct me how to follow. Sent the email to me the day I called then the representative gave me the wrong direction how to proceed. He told me to send email to compliance but I actually have to upload stuff to my account. I did so over 2 weeks ago but my account is still locked. I need a timeline, any business need timeline. I have over $10k in my account but I cant get it out. What kind of business that dont give a time line on how long it take to review your information. I have been using paypal for almost 20years now. I am very frustrated and upsetting.
Login to Me Too

Ambermoeller
Contributor
Contributor
I totally agree I already waited 17 weeks for my unemployment to come through that's over six grand and my car has gotten repoed waiting for this now PayPal has blocked me I submitted the information I need to pay my bills now
Login to Me Too

Insolitu

At this point, I feel like you're making a sport of promising X hours of response time, and then ignoring the customers for months. My documents have been under revew for 32 days, I've been trying to contact support for 22 days, and we've still gotten nowhere. I have bills to pay and I thought I could trust PayPal, and it turns out, I was extremely wrong. I don't understand how anyone can use your service.

Login to Me Too

callofthewild31
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is still reviewing my information after 2 weeks of submitting it they said It should take 24-48 hours. Ive been trying to clam 50$ that a friend sent me but it says PayPal is still reviewing my info. I’ve tried emailing and calling you guys but instead there it’s an automated call.
Login to Me Too

Nsx
New Community Member
Hi Wanted to know how long does it take to verify docs Kind regards Michael
Login to Me Too

JulietLucy
Contributor
Contributor

HI just to say I got a PayPal limitation warning after using eBay a lot recently. I was asked to submit personal information to have this lifted. I put my address in but it didnt accept it - apparently this can happen if e.g. you leave a space in your postcode - something PayPay doesn't advise you about. So I had to upload my passport page and utility bill. Then I was left hanging on with no idea how long they would take to process these documents. I assumed I couldnt use my account till they did.

In fact I rang PayPal after submitting the documents and admittedly had to hold on for ages, but the guy I got through to was very helpful and said he'd resolve it in the next 10 minutes.

The main issue for me is that PayPal just doesn't provide clear enough information on their site. THe FAQs are really limited. If they're sending you a limitation warning message, they should also provide clear information about why it happens and how quickly it will be resolved. They should also explain that you need to enter your address exactly as they have it or it won't be accepted. Why can't they give you the format and part of your address and you fill in the blanks to show it's you? This would help PayPal as if they could resolve all this online they wouldnt have to take our frustrated calls!

Login to Me Too

Eugene03
Contributor
Contributor

I am waiting for PayPal's response. I submitted all the necessary information necessary for my accounts verification.

But still it's in progress. Please help!

Login to Me Too

eneakociaj
New Community Member
Hello there. I have been almost 4-5 days i have submited my documents and there is no response yet from paypal. Hoe much long is going this to take please becouse we are blocked in our work. Thanks
Login to Me Too

TLFPC
New Community Member

Dear Paula,

it is nice to read "once they are all received" (documents). But if your "submit delivery details" list buttons do not show up because your employee forgot to tick the boxes for the relevant deliveries questioned the documents CANNOT be submitted in the resolution centre and the review stays open forever.

I will remove Paypal from my payments options now.

Kind regards,

Dr.oec.Dr.h.c. Christopher <removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.