How long do PayPal take to review documents?

PhilipChris69
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to lift the initial receiving limit of £1,900 per year. To do this, PayPal required documentation to be sent to them as proof of identification and address. As a genuine seller, I had no problem doing this, and I uploaded scanned copies of my passport and recent bank statement for PayPal to review.

However, the problem is that this is taking a very long time with no clear indication of when the review will be finished. I uploaded the documents almost two weeks ago. I was told that the review would be finished within 48 hours (obviously this information was extremely innacurate). I have tried to contact PayPal, but I only received a generic response - "we are still reviewing your account. Thank you for your patience". That's great, but this didn't answer the question of how long this will take, be it several more days, weeks or even months!

I would just like some clarification as to how long I should expect to wait until this review is complete? At the moment there is no clear answer, and I am keen to start selling again but I cannot until the review is complete and the receiving limits are lifted.

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
122 REPLIES 122

MSQ
Contributor
Contributor

We've got the same problem now. We were asked for documents and provided them on 3rd January. After nothing happening I resubmitted the same document, trying to use the Resolve link better on the 5th of January. Still nothing has been looked at. Submitted a "report a problem" service request 4 days ago. Nothing. Tweeted the support twitter account. Nothing. Not very good service. 

Login to Me Too

Annapoorna
Contributor
Contributor
Usually It does take a week or so to verify the documents. Pay pal staff will mail us if they need additional documents . If you upload it within a day, they will process it very fast. In my case, it took almost a 12 days to restore my account, I didn't have the documents they asked for, they mailed me to upload alternative documents which took so long. Hope ur account restores very soon!
Login to Me Too

Sheila_Gloss
Contributor
Contributor
This is extremely annoying. One of my documents went straight through and now the other one has been waiting review. I have sent emails and only gotten the automated reply. One even told me to check my messages, which I can't because I can't get past the review screen. The worse part is that I don't have a way to call PayPal so all I can do is just wait. I keep logging in and hoping that it will magically work.
Login to Me Too

Lolobelle123
New Community Member

This is totally ridiculous. I am posting this on behalf of my mum who is in South Africa. She was only trying to link up her bank account to withdraw money I sent her and now she is also stuck in this document verification thing. She didnt even ask to increase her limit. And with absolutely no way of contacting paypal because all it does is kick her out after she logs in and gets the message that her documents are being checked. Seriously Paypal?? Holding her funds hostage. You better sort this or I will be going on a social media rampage on every media I can mind. Poor poor poor!!!! Why can no one get hold of you and you give no timeframes for sorting these things?? 

Login to Me Too

GeetjeeNL

I am already waiting for 9 days as well!

Login to Me Too

Weezing
Contributor
Contributor
Just replying to let everyone know that this is a major problem still. It has costed me a big sale. Especially since they put up an account limitation without any reasoning.
Login to Me Too

XxKingZer0xX
Contributor
Contributor
This is absolutely ridiculous, we have all said something about your guy's horrible customer service (if you would even call an auto response service) I am fed up of you guys not even living up to simple task such as reviews. I want to know why my hard earned money is being held hostage. You all need a whole new FAQ and a total revamp of your company it's absolutely horrible. I'm very unsatisfied and feel disrespected by your company's auto response system...
Login to Me Too

Iliana123
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. Time frame for the document review should be given. What if it is an emergency and I need to use my account?

Login to Me Too

Derpetron3000
Contributor
Contributor

I have this problem too. I have been waiting for several months for PayPal to finish reviewing my SSN.

Login to Me Too

slashi
New Community Member

I'm waiting since Jan 2015 to get my documents reviewed. 

They updated the UI since then but not updated the business logic, e.g. to check the submission status, re-submit documents that were not accepted, etc.

Very poor flow.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.