How long do PayPal take to review documents?

PhilipChris69
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to lift the initial receiving limit of £1,900 per year. To do this, PayPal required documentation to be sent to them as proof of identification and address. As a genuine seller, I had no problem doing this, and I uploaded scanned copies of my passport and recent bank statement for PayPal to review.

However, the problem is that this is taking a very long time with no clear indication of when the review will be finished. I uploaded the documents almost two weeks ago. I was told that the review would be finished within 48 hours (obviously this information was extremely innacurate). I have tried to contact PayPal, but I only received a generic response - "we are still reviewing your account. Thank you for your patience". That's great, but this didn't answer the question of how long this will take, be it several more days, weeks or even months!

I would just like some clarification as to how long I should expect to wait until this review is complete? At the moment there is no clear answer, and I am keen to start selling again but I cannot until the review is complete and the receiving limits are lifted.

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
122 REPLIES 122

AudioTraxx
New Community Member

I just got notification about my account has been limited. And I have already fulfilled all the requirement. Let's see how many days (or months) it take.
Today is May 24, 2019.
I'll update this post 😜

Login to Me Too

Jackobe
New Community Member
If it makes you guys feel better I've been waiting for years now, literally years. I believe it's 5 or almost 5 years now. I can't seem to get anyone from PayPal to respond either. I've sent messages in the message center and countless unanswered emails. Been reviewing my information for half a decade.
Login to Me Too

Shnoople
New Community Member
I have money in my PayPal already. I can’t accept the money until they review all my stuff. It’s been MONTHS and there is nothing reassuring me that they’re even going to review it. I think they’re just going to keep my money because it’s been way too long I doubt I’ll ever get access to my own money
Login to Me Too

Michobo
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal are thieves. Stick an account limitation on and take your money basically and run. Quite ironic that they put limits on your account to make sure your not a scam artist!!! Biggest scamming company going!!!
Login to Me Too

Temp20211110e
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem for more than 2 months now.
Login to Me Too

anros
Contributor
Contributor

In my case on the 11th day, they resolved it, that night. They ask all sorts of documents, and still, after sending several emails they always send predefined emails where they ask again for the documents, then I call them and again waiting 24 hours not even rational excuse only short message that documents provided are not sufficient or something.

Regards, onplanners

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Schae

@Temp20211110e, @anros

Thanks for your posts! 

Looks like you both are experiencing some issues with account reviews. I'm so sorry that the process is taking longer than expected! Typically, in these situations, you will want to call Customer Service from our contact page. It's important to explain in detail what you are calling about and advise them it has been weeks when you were told it would be resolved sooner. If you receive a message advising that the information is insufficient, then you may have more information to review on your account. Sometimes you can find more details from your Resolution Center. Some cases can take up to 72 hours to complete, and some can take 3-5 business days. It really depends on the situation. 

I hope these tips lead you to an answer! Thank you.

-Schae

*If you see a post that was helpful, please benefit the Community by giving it a thumbs up (kudos) or accepting it as a solution.*
Login to Me Too

Temp20211110e
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks i already contacted them today. And they resubmit the documents.
Login to Me Too

EOO20
New Community Member

Even me I am still waiting for my proof of address and identity to be reviewed, it has been weeks. Please what can I do? My money is stuck and I need to access it...

Login to Me Too

michellecocampo
Contributor
Contributor

SAME HERE, It's been over a month now. I messaged them multiple times but with no luck. Now I can't get through to them due to this virus going around. Can anyone from PayPal please help me with this issue? I really need the limits removed. It's showing as still processing even though it's been over a month. so if your reading this PLEASE RESPOND Paypal team because I doubt any of you are actually receiving any of my emails

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.