How is that possible?

wearevgra
Contributor
Contributor

When you start a claim, you have to choices:

- Item not received

- item not as described

As you can see from the screenshots, we opened a dispute for an "item non as described" PayPal closed the case because the seller provided the shipping tracking number. That is very wrong. It can matter only if one starts a dispute for an "item not received". But we started our dispute for an "item not as described" which already implies we did receive what we ordered, there is no need for a seller to prove that. It simply does not perform as described. You can't close the case and let the seller win only because he sent you a tracking number!  We reopened the case 4 times and it always ends the same way. It's a substantial amount of money, nearly $700, we provided all the information to support our case. The people at Paypal who is supposed to check it is actually ignoring it and closing the case because a tracking number has been provided? After the 4th attempt, what can we do at this stage? 

1 - Copia.jpg2 - Copia.jpg

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wearevgra 

Ridiculous...........

1. Ring them and appeal?

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

2. If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then try a chargeback?

3. Small claims court?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wearevgra
Contributor
Contributor

We tried to explain the mistake to Paypal for 4 times. And we will try again. We're looking to find a way to escalate this situation to an upper level. The people who deals with the resolution center must be quite superficial. Any suggestion about the way to do that?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi wearevgra,

I'm very sorry to hear what's happened regarding your dispute. You're correct, it doesn't make sense for a case to be resolved with tracking in a Significantly Not As Described case. I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience you've had to deal with in this situation. 

Thank you for your suggestions, @kernowlass. These are great suggestions regarding the payment and attempting to get a refund.

Regarding next steps, if you weren't able to have the issue resolved with us over the phone, I would strongly encourage reaching out to us on Facebook or Twitter so that we can take a look and ensure this case is worked correctly. Decisions like this aren't taken lightly, and we want to make sure that the correct decision was made in all cases. Thank you for your time in dealing with this, and I hope it's resolved soon.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

wearevgra
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there is no way to contact Paypal on Facebook, we tried several times, they never answered on Facebook Messenger, after we asked your bot to chat with an agent. The situation in quite weird...

We got our money back, BUT when we check the Resolution Centre, we se that the case is still open and that you are waiting for the seller response (or the buyer??) We are the buyers, and we gave Paypal all the answers and the documents they asked for.

1.jpg

If we click on the "View" button, we se that the case has been decides in our favour. Thank you Paypal.

Still the situation is so weird! I do hope that Paypal will fix this, fortunately the money is back, but I don't really like to see this case still open in our  Resolution Center. I'm still afraid that some mad Paypal employee puts his hands in our pocket and transfers that money again back to the fraudolent seller.

2.jpg

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi wearevgra,

I'm glad to hear you've received the refund! If you receive an official refund for the transaction, which shows in your Summary, then you don't have to worry about the decision on the case changing. We won't try to charge you again regarding the payment as we've resolved your end.

Based on your screenshot and the information you've provided, it appears we may still be looking into the case on the seller's side to determine if they're covered with Seller Protection (which doesn't have anything to do with you or your refund). In a situation where they would be covered, we would pay them out regarding the transaction instead.

I know this interface can look confusing, and I apologize for the confusing information. I'll make sure to forward your feedback regarding that page. 

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.