How does claim-backs work?

phayek1
New Community Member

Hi. So Recently I got scammed by this person on <removed>. I am not lying. This man who called himself Frank <removed> was opening an "investment" thing. So I invested 20$. He told me to pay money via Friends and Family so I would pay less fees. Then I paid. Recently this morning, I was banned and he left the server. He has scammed many people. He has ran away with around 8 thousand dollars. I am actually really mad. And, because I have also invested in this other person called STEVE'S. He is bound to run away with around 20,000$ tomorrow. Can paypal please help and stop these scammers? Thanks soooo much. This person called Gameirro. Invested 5000$. And now she is going to lose all of it. I feel bad. I only invested minimum. But there are others. Can PayPal please help and at least pay some of the money back? Thanks so much. Can PayPal please let ChargeBacks available for FRIENDS AND FAMILY? Or at least put a warning to everyone that pays money to others. Thanks His email is <removed> and the other scammers email is <removed> Please note that they aredefinately not their real names. Thanks paypal please help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@phayek1 

Sorry, there is no purchase protection for friends and family payments. It is written on all PayPal websites and user agreements, but who reads that stuff? People are going to do what they want to do. Its not all a loss, you learned a valuable lesson. Do not send money as friends and family to people you do not know very well especially if it is in exchange for something.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@phayek1 

Sorry, there is no purchase protection for friends and family payments. It is written on all PayPal websites and user agreements, but who reads that stuff? People are going to do what they want to do. Its not all a loss, you learned a valuable lesson. Do not send money as friends and family to people you do not know very well especially if it is in exchange for something.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Montyk974
New Community Member
How can i get my funds released its been 5 days now and i did everything they asked
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.