How do you report fraudulent sites using PayPal ??

casgti
Contributor
Contributor

Well... let say I purchased, and got **bleep**, you always think it is a secure page when you see PayPal, like ... they will not cheat on me if they accept PayPal ... so well... was not the case!!   I have opened a case, etc.

But the case is ... I take some time and searched on google to found a LOT of other pages selling the same product (fraudulent, because the price, text, images, conditions, etc are the same, just different template of the site), so I called PayPal, and they could not tell me how to report this, Crazy uh?

So far, product is a IMTV Projector, very nice one, they do not mention all pictures are from a XGIMI MOGO projector, but at 1/10th of the price, I purchased thinking it "could be" a white label version... who knows... at the end, it was fraudulent, and I could found the same product, at same price on many websites, take a look :
This is the one I got it from and received a piece of wood:  
  https://shopeeline.com/products/imtv-projector-1080p-handheld-cinema/  

Then I found all this others selling the same fraudulent projector (and lot of other things as well) 
https://rikeoxget.com/products/imtv-pro-1080p-android-tv-portable-projector/ 

https://kkaxi.com/products/imtv-projector-1080p-handheld-cinema-1 

https://tipetapeco.com/products/imtv-pro-1080p-android-tv-portable-projector/ 

https://howwayforsh.site/products/1080p-imtv-pro-portable-projector 
https://lampsoor.com/products/imtv-projector-1080p-cinema 

I put my hands on fire that all of this are fraud ... and it could be a lot more as well, I just found them searching on google.

I can't believe PayPal can't investigate on this and/or there are some report function/link in some place for this.

Thousand of people could be caught by this kind of websites right now, and some of them for sure, could not report, etc. 

They even sent you an email with the order confirmation, etc. everything looks legit ... UNTIL you get the "ACTUAL PRODUCT"....

So... all this sites are doing the same FRAUDULENT activity, and I dont find a way to report to PayPal.
And I think this hurts A LOT the reputation of paypal as being a safe way to detect a good site to make a purchase and use paypal for it.

I guess this people are doing hundred dollars around the globe with this.

So, if you work at PayPal and read this, please investigate and suspend the accounts / give all the people their money, and stop the cheaters with this websites.

IT could be A LOT more, but I found this ones in a 1 minute google search. They offer products at a very attractive price, accepting paypal makes people trust and purchase, then after 20 days... they got a piece of sh*t like I did, for example, instead of the incredible 1080P projector shown, you get a piece of wood with a plastic, nearly $0.10 value. So I think they know they will get chargebacks, but even if 1 on 100 does not chargeback, they still get enough money for what they sent anyway. Please act fast, so no more people get caught with this fraudulent network. 

Please @PayPal STOP this.
Thanks.

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

Ttaylor800
Contributor
Contributor
I hit this speed bump over the last month with the howwayforsh site. The problem with #paypalresolution is that #paypal just supports these sites with the process. You order an item, they send you an item through China Post where the vendor pays nothing for mail. Then PaYPal says you need to return the item with Tracking at $17 plus to qualify for considering refund. Then they deny you. I talked to a PayPal rep. “I believe you but this is the process” . You say you’ve been hit with fraud the vendor say I’ll refund if you send back. You don’t PP denies. I was very nice in the call but the PayPal representative chose to hang up on me. Vendor probably is scamming $100s of thousands and PayPal collects scammed fees. There is NO protection. I’ve used PP 12 to 15 years with no claims. 0 support from PP! They don’t care but I’m gone. #paypalresolutionscam #paypalscams #paypalresolution #paypalresolutioncenter #paypalcustomerservice
Login to Me Too

Ismail_Demir
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a tripod from TIPETAPECO. Received order confirmation from <removed>

This was on 8th Nov.

Today I received the tripod. It'S compared to the ordered one a joke. I would never use it with my camera and it has no similarity to ordered one.

I hope Paypal will help here.

This is what I ordered:

1df4fdf7a4272305093edcb06f4e76b2_original.jpg 

This is what I received:

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-26 at 17.01.07.jpeg

Login to Me Too

casgti
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry to hear that... Looks like they always sent products, but or course... Another one... Like if you buy BMW 2019, and you get a Fiat from 1980. They will say... You purchased a Car... I sent a Car. PayPal needs to spot this web sites when, like I did, people report them as fraudulent. It should be easy to see when they got so many issues!! Hope you get your money back.
Login to Me Too

Saifs
Received the Same piece of crap. Would have preferred if they didn't send anything at all..save the environment
Login to Me Too

jtchan83
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happened to me...I ordered this tripod and got the same flimsy piece of garbage.  Now the seller wants to me to return the cheap thing at my cost?  PP needs to shut these guys down and refund all our money.

Login to Me Too

mekios
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing here. Bloody Tipetapeco. 
Paypal knows this and does nothing. 

I was once fell victim of fraud in Amazon, and without me taking notice, Amazon refunded me and others when they found out there was a fraud automatically.

Paypal seems to be the perfect host for parasites like that. 

Login to Me Too

Ismail_Demir
Contributor
Contributor

me here, I should send it back and pay the shipment. Don't know how much it will cost me to send it back to china.

Login to Me Too

vmahabir
Contributor
Contributor
I reported it, put in a claim and Paypal took care of it for me. I paid through debit card so Paypal will still help you even though you didn’t use a credit card. In my case; I never received the product but I also made screenshots of the fraudulent website, my order and my account at the website. My account no longer existed at the site though.
Login to Me Too

Ttaylor800
Contributor
Contributor

I just experienced this on 2 products AND Pay Pal “protection” is worthless.  Pay Pal just goes along with the scam and wants you to do what the vendor requests ... send the $.10 item back to China with tracking at a minimum of $17.00. If you follow this, you still have no guarantee your original $$ will be refunded ... and being a “fool twice” you loose another $17. 

obviously the China college students (yes if you search deep enough you can figure this out) have figured out the PAyPal process and take advantage of it.  One of the key items missed in the scam is that they can send items to the US with tracking virtually free through China POST BUT YOU CANT SEND THEM BACK WITHOUT PAYING A FORTUNE.  

Yes PayPal touts their buyer protection but in the end they are just raking in the PayPal fees from 10’s of thousand of people like us who clicked first and researched later.  Yep my mistake BUT IT MORE INFURIATING THAT PAYPAL just lets it go on under their name.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ttaylor800 

If you had activated the below link then paypal will pay your return postage costs up to $30 x12 times per year.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.