How do you cancel PayPal

Pyxilate
New Community Member
My email was recently hacked and I had an unauthorized charge on my PayPal account and when I reported it PayPal found it to be a plausible charge because it’s a service I used 4 years ago. So no refund. With that being said I no longer feel safe using PayPal and want to cancel my account but it’s not even letting me remove my bank account from the service. How do I get rid of my PayPal or at the very least unlink it from my bank.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @Pyxilate. Thanks for taking the time to post your concern here on the PayPal Community Forum.

I'm sorry to hear there was a poor experience with what sounds like a Billing Agreement that resulted in a charge you weren't expecting. While I understand your point of view about not feeling safe using PayPal, situations where charges occur due to a forgotten Billing Agreement would not be considered a security issue.

However, if you definitely want to close your PayPal account or remove any financial information, it may be necessary to wait for any pending or processing transactions to complete before the System allows you to do either of those things.

In the mean time, you can absolutely leave your account open without using it since PayPal does not charge a fee for creating or holding an account. If you choose to keep your account open without using it for the time being, I recommend checking your active Billing Agreements and canceling any that you don't want any more. Please check https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-cancel-a-billing-agreement,-automatic-recurring... for more information on that topic.

I hope this is helpful. No matter what choice you make, PayPal appreciates your business and we appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.