How do refunds work?

reasemorin
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all.

I sold a jacket on this website that paypal is a partner with (grailed).

He was giving me vibes of being a scammer. First he said the jacket had an odor to it, which it definitely did not. He then asked if he could have a refund, and I said okay--but not knowing about how refunds work on paypal--he told me to just hit refund on paypal and he will send it back. This sounded fishy, so I emailed paypal about how to issue a refund to a buyer that already has the product, and they told me to get the buyer to open a disputer with the offer of returning the jacket with a full refund. The offer he sent me was for a full refund and he gets to keep it. I told him I'm not going to do that so I sent an offer in the disputer for a full refund if he sends it back. He said sure and that he was going to send it back. It's been a few days know and no response when I asked for an update on shipping.

The worst part is, on the case it says that he has received the refund even though in the case it says that I need to confirm I have the item and that it's in the same condition for him to get the refund.

My question is: Is the a time limit for him to ship it back before I can get the money back? and what does paypal mean when the notification above the case says he has received the refund?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.