How do I transfer money out of my account after it is limited?

trav1s
Contributor
Contributor

My account is limited since my son is under 17. However, there is a balance within the account and I cannot contact customer service :(. The account won't let me transfer funds out of the account to my bank or even accept money that was sent to the account as paypal cash. I need help however I can't find any answers! When I try and transfer it to my bank, it says there was an error. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@trav1s 

If its HIS account then..........

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you won’t have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

trav1s
Contributor
Contributor

Will the money in the account be in there for longer than 180 days? Or would there be any way to contact paypal in the future to verify I am a parent?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@trav1s 

It would be in there until he was 18 but sometimes paypal may consider transferring it to a parent or guardian but you would have to ask them about that.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

trav1s
Contributor
Contributor
Do you know any way of contacting them right now?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@trav1s 

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.