How do I make an appeal on a decision that favored the seller?

BlueLemon
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I purchased a couple of items from a seller and tried to dispute it.  PayPal favored the seller because they have a tracking number that says it was delivered to me.  However, I never received the package.  I called UPS today and when I give them the tracking number, they said they cannot give me any information because the tracking number is for someone else along with the address.  UPS is willing to verify that the tracking number is not for my package if PayPal calls them, but they will not provide me with a note to say that tracking number is not addressed to me.  I was told that I can make an appeal on the decision, but there are no options to do so on my email or on my case.  I can't even get a live person on PayPal or get an email address to make the appeal.  Of course the email PayPal sends says not to reply to their decision.  Please help me.  I feel like I was scammed by the seller who refuses to respond to me.  The seller is travissalas4865861.  The package information shows it weighed 21.90 lbs and there are six packages for two small items I purchased.  I know that the Xbox controller and a Nintendo Switch game do not weigh 21 lbs.  Based on the fact that the tracking number verifies that it was delivered to my city and state is all PayPal needs to determine that I received the item I never received.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Temp20211228bo
New Community Member

I filed a dispute when the product didn't arrive on the scheduled date (not tracking info at that time) The day after the dispute was filed I received a USPS tracking number, but no product.  Escalated the claim with paypal and then closed the case in the sellers' favor because they had shipping info saying it was delivered.  I went back to USPS and contacted my post master (we only have post office delivery here) and was informed that no package had arrived for me in the past two weeks.  I pulled up the tracking number and it shows that the package was delivered to the sender!  I can't get anyone at paypal to assist, re-open the case, or even chat with me!  It's ridiculous that they just accept that a package was delivered to the buyer when the post office even says it wasn't.  

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

This is one of many ludicrous PP protocols, to require the buyer (who has already fulfilled his part of the transaction by sending money) to prove that an item never arrived. Shouldn't the burden be on the seller to prove that the item did arrived at the address provided by the buyer?

PP already knows full well shippers won't provide what they are asking for (dozens of stories where buyer/victim is required to run around asking for this and that, making calls to shippers to get documentation of non delivery, if PP wants that information, they should work directly with the shipper). PP is essentially saying since they already got their fees, they are hands off.

To answer the post question, you can appeal via chat in message center, talk to live agent and convince him/her you got scammed and you want a refund. Don't take no for an answer and you may have to go thru several agents before one will help you.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20211228bo 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20211228bo
New Community Member

I've tried, I have even uploaded the actually printout from the post office on their letterhead showing where it says it was delivered to the sender.  I keep being told that a closed case cannot be reopened.

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Try tweeting Dan Schulman the CEO of PP. Someone did that and got results.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.