How do I make a PayPal claim.

Eliswood
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a dispute with ChicV International. It is two days until the case is closed unless I make a PayPal claim. Can anyone tell me please how to make a claim?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Eliswood

There should be an option to 'escalate' to a claim if you look for it next to the dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Eliswood

There should be an option to 'escalate' to a claim if you look for it next to the dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Eliswood
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I've made the claim now thanks.
Login to Me Too

Eliswood
Contributor
Contributor

I have now received the $48 dollar boots which look like they are worth about $15. So pressure from PayPal worked in that they sent the item. But ChicV  are still a scam company either not sending orders  at all or sending products that are nothing like the ones ordered. I will complain to ChicV and ask for a refund which I do not expect to get, because they would ask me to return the boots and I will not be doing that. Also as someone said, Paypal will close the case if there an order is received.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Eliswood

You can 'change' a dispute FROM non receipt TO not as described if you are quick enough BEFORE paypal close the dispute.

Also to help with return costs did you activate the below link at some time before you made that transaction?

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns  (thats the U.S link which is all I can give you as you haven't said what country you are in).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Eliswood
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I did go onto my PayPal claim and left a message saying the goods were shoddy. I didn't click that link before the transaction. I tried clicking the link just now but it said the page does not exist. I a in the U.K

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

@Eliswood wrote:

Thanks. I did go onto my PayPal claim and left a message saying the goods were shoddy. I didn't click that link before the transaction. I tried clicking the link just now but it said the page does not exist. I a in the U.K

you have to open a case of item not as described,comment is not necessary.

if you win,you wil be asked to return the goods with tracking,Paypal will help you to pay for return shipping up to $30 or 35.

Login to Me Too

Eliswood
Contributor
Contributor

Ok. I'm not sure how to let Paypal know that the item was not described.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Eliswood

UK link for 'return shipping on us' below BUT its too late to use it for the transaction you are talking about but you will for future transactions.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

You can tell paypal about how the item was misdescribed in 'messages to the seller' citing the problems that are then available in the resolution centre.

Then when you want to escalate the dispute to a claim. If you have an http link to the item you bought then add it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Eliswood
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks. Very helpful.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.