How do I get my money back?

Obi33
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

About a month ago I purchased a digital item and I did not receive it. I opened a dispute, raised it to a claim, only to wait weeks only to recieve this:

After careful review, we have determined that the seller is at fault but regret to inform you that we were unable to recover any funds from the seller's account.

We'll make every effort to recover the funds from the seller although we can't guarantee you will receive a refund. For more information please review our Buyer Protection Policy in the User Agreement.

What does this mean? Will I get my money back? I still did not receive the product, and the case is closed.

It would mean a lot if anyone could help me with this.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Obi33 wrote:

Hello

About a month ago I purchased a digital item and I did not receive it. I opened a dispute, raised it to a claim, only to wait weeks only to recieve this:

After careful review, we have determined that the seller is at fault but regret to inform you that we were unable to recover any funds from the seller's account.

We'll make every effort to recover the funds from the seller although we can't guarantee you will receive a refund. For more information please review our Buyer Protection Policy in the User Agreement.

What does this mean? Will I get my money back? I still did not receive the product, and the case is closed.

It would mean a lot if anyone could help me with this.

It means somehow PayPal subsequently cannot recover the funds you paid to the recipient. The issue could well be that the seller has no funds in their account. If seller is a con, no doubt transfers their funds out asap and removed their bank account and card linked to the account. Likely their account balance is in the negative at this point from the dispute. So basically, do not hold your breath on getting your money back on this. However, if you paid with a credit card, you can file a dispute with your credit card issuer and see if you can recover money.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

micklefett
New Community Member

what if you paid on paypal credit and get the same message?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.