How do I get my money back after PayPal already closed my dispute?

Auntkimm14
Contributor
Contributor

How do I get my money back after PayPal already closed my dispute? I did not receive the said item that I ordered.  I ordered a deluxe medium sized yurt for 8 people and received a child sized tent.  I was absolutely scammed by a Facebook ad.  Anyone have advise?  The PayPal resolution center is basically useless for me.  As is the online chat.  Please advise.  Thanks!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Auntkimm14 

Odd you lose a dispute, did you file for item received but not as described?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Auntkimm14
Contributor
Contributor

As soon as I ordered an 8 person yurt with expedited shipping their website disappeared.  I immediately contacted paypal and within 24 hours they deemed it legitimate and closed the case.  What the heck.  I just received a child sized tent.  This is no way a deluxe 8 person yurt.  Now there is no way to dispute it.  I’m very frustrated with it all. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Auntkimm14 

Sounds as if you opened a dispute for ''unauthorised'' ???

If so then by doing so you were telling paypal that your paypal account had been hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.

So they would check IP addresses and devices and see that was incorrect and so close the dispute.

You should have filed non receipt and then when it arrived changed it to not as described?

Did you fund your paypal payment via a credit card? If so then can you try a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Auntkimm14
Contributor
Contributor

The problem being, that as soon as I placed the order, their site disappeared from facebook and the web.  I thought suspicious, so I contacted Paypal.  They deemed it a legitimate transaction and closed the case.  I tried resolving through the seller's email (It was a facebook ad that I purchased thru).  They assured me that they couldn't cancel the sale because it was already shipped.  Roll it out 2 weeks and my "Yurt for 8 people" was delivered.  It is, in fact, a child-sized, one-person tent.  Worth about $10 at best.  Now that the case is closed there seems no way to ask Paypal for help because they deemed this case closed.  So frustrated.  "Item not as described would be the correct option, but I can't get to that point in the process.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.