How do I get me refund-when Paypal keeps denying my request for resolution?

KhanateX
New Community Member

Unable to receive a refund from Paypal when the Merchant is willing to refund for the unauthorized charge.

I have sent numerous emails to the Merchant regarding unauthorized renewal charges for security software.  The merchant finally has agreed to refund the funds, but they say Paypal has put a hold on the account.  I have provide Paypal with the emails confirming the Merchant is willing to refund me my refund.  I have also provided Paypal withemails from the merchant, dated 6/2019, confirming the account was not to be charged for the renewal for 2020.  Paypal approved the charge of $139.98 to my account.  Since June 19, 2020 I have been trying numerous times to get my refund.  I have contacted the Merchant, who are willing to refund but say they cannot because of Paypal hold.  I have contacted Paypal both via numerous phone calls and emails, Paypal keeps sending me an email saying they denied the request.  I have also provided Paypal the Merchants policy showing they will refund the consumer a full refund within 30 days of purchased if not satisfied with the purchase.  Why is Paypal not helping me on obtaining the refund I have requested? i feel like Paypal doesn't give a damn about me the consumer.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.