How do I get a duplicated payment refunded?

JoyceMBeck
Contributor
Contributor

I received one item but there are two payments. I've tried raising disputes, getting them elevated to claims and phoning - once for each transaction. But each time PayPal refer to the seller, the seller sends them a delivery confirmation and my claim gets rejected. But they are sending the same delivery information for both payments, and PayPal accepts them! How do I get my claim high enough up PayPal's food chain to get someone to LOOK at the details of the two delivery confirmations and spot the problem?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JoyceMBeck

Did both payments complete through to the seller OR is one still pending?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JoyceMBeck
Contributor
Contributor

Both went out of my bank account (about an hour apart) but I have no way of knowing whether the seller received both.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JoyceMBeck

Are there 1 or 2 transactions in your paypal account and if so what does it say next to each of them pending or completed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JoyceMBeck
Contributor
Contributor

2 transactions, both complete.

The significant difference is that one has a tracking reference, the other doesn't. The invoice IDs are the same except one is <blahblah>.1 and the other is <blahblah>.2

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JoyceMBeck

ok then if you opened x2 disputes and the seller is using the SAME tracking number for both you need to let c.s. know...........

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JoyceMBeck
Contributor
Contributor

That is exactly what I have done. Twice.

Both times they have just referred back to the seller for a proof of delivery and received one. The seller is presumably sending the same one for both payments, and PayPal are not seeing this. On the second phone call the guy even said they had sent the same one for both payments, but the next day I got 'Claim denied' again.

Login to Me Too

JoyceMBeck
Contributor
Contributor

Also, only one of the transactions has a tracking number.

Login to Me Too

JoyceMBeck
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone have any other ideas? Is there any way of getting a dispute/claim referred to a higher level?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.