How do I find out why my account has been limited?

sandy561
Contributor
Contributor

My account has been limited and they say go to the resolution center to find out how to get it back up but you can't use the resolution center. They block you from contacting them. They do not want to solve any problems they have. When your on hold they tell you to try and resolve your own issues with buyers and sellers but when the issue is PayPal they don't want to have anything to do with you. I've been a PayPal customer for 20 years right from the beginning. I sell stuff from around the house and I pay bills with my credit card thru PayPal sometimes. That's it.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sandy561 

What does the resolution center case say? Just that you are can no longer use PayPal? It's not asking for documents or anything? PayPal won't tell you specifically why for security purposes. Could be some misunderstanding/false positive.

Try to speak with customer service:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

**Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Another option is to file with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose CA so your issue can be forwarded to PayPal office of Executive Escalations for review but in the meantime you must find alternate way to get your bills paid without the use of the PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sandy561 

What does the resolution center case say? Just that you are can no longer use PayPal? It's not asking for documents or anything? PayPal won't tell you specifically why for security purposes. Could be some misunderstanding/false positive.

Try to speak with customer service:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

**Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Another option is to file with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose CA so your issue can be forwarded to PayPal office of Executive Escalations for review but in the meantime you must find alternate way to get your bills paid without the use of the PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sandy561
Contributor
Contributor

they tell me to go to the resolution center and when I click on it it says "you can't use PayPal anymore" I've called over 5 times the people in limitations don't know why my account is closed and cannot tell me why it was closed. It's funny when I'm on hold for your non customer service help the message that is playing tells people to try and resolve all problems with buyers and sellers first. I'm trying to remove a problem with PayPal and no one can help me and no one at PayPal wants to discuss what problem PayPal thinks I have. I have never had a dispute or problem in 22 years of sell Christmas ornaments and stuff around the house before PayPal even existed. We used to mail checks to each other in the real mail. I've been with PayPal for 20 years since you started. It's amazing that no one knows anything.

Login to Me Too

sandy561
Contributor
Contributor

I only paid a few bills in April because the company said after April 15th they were not going to take credit cards any more so I paid as many as I could to get cash back rewards on  my credit card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.