How do I find a person to address my problem?

Aztex82
Contributor
Contributor

I actually have two problems that keep me running in a circle here.  I filed a dispute in early October, but it was ruled against me.  Unfortunately, I filed it incorrectly but I was never given a chance to explain.  But, I knew I only had a short window to dispute the ruling.  I ended up talking to two different support people here at different times, and both re-filed a claim for me.  On November 3, 2018 I received an email requesting more information. I stayed up all night finding things I had been researching the company that scammed me.  Once I found all the screenshots and added them to the form I was sent to use, I started downloading all of it.  Except it looked like there was a problem with loading because that 'we're working on it' circle kept going round and round. I turned away for maybe a minute, and when I looked up the circle was gone, there was a red warning symbol where the form I had been using was, and a return to resolutions note. Which I did, but I expected the 'waiting for response from you' to be gone.  But it wasn't, and I had no clue if it went through or not so I sent a message to Customer Support just to ensure someone knew about the problem of my download and to please check that it went through.  Today when I logged in, I saw two messages to view. They were both explaining how to send information, but one started "From researching your history, I can see the issue has been resolved."  What? When? What?  I looked and saw all three cases marked closed, with one being the same day I sent the information. The case is marked closed, but also says 'being reviewed by Paypal'.   That is how I got in a circle trying to find help.  No matter which Help or Contact Us I clicked on, I was brought here. But I couldn't find a question already asked that was close enough to mine, so I would go back to Resolutions. At which time I had to log in again and get a text with an access number.  Then each time I left the resolutions center, I had to sign in again. I have six codes within an hour and a half.  Yet, I still have not been able to find anything to help me find out why the case was closed. That was all I started out looking for. Even from the messages I found when I first logged in, that were sent with the same instructions, I still don't know if the team received my info.  But I was caught in a circle of not getting anywhere for hours yet needing codes to finish logging in six times.  So, there are my two questions. a) why is there not a place you can just follow a link to or something to read Why a case is closed  and b) why are we required to log back in everytime we leave one section to go to another?  When you are already frustrated by something  that confused you, then can't find an answer and are sent to this community support numerous times, the last thing you need is to have to login over and over and over again.  Please, even though I have read all rules and regulations, can someone explain these two things to me? That makes sense.

Thank you all

B. Morris

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

temp20181107
Contributor
Contributor
Aztex82, I came across this when I googled "PP Contact Number" type of thing. +https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call it says it's in Nebraska, I haven't tried yet but will when they are open again. It seems this problem is common with the PayPal website and with this useless community forum full of people who would rather condescend than actually take the time to respond. Hope this helps because that other guy sure didn't.
Login to Me Too

Aztex82
Contributor
Contributor

@temp20181107 wrote:
Aztex82, I came across this when I googled "PP Contact Number" type of thing. +https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call it says it's in Nebraska, I haven't tried yet but will when they are open again. It seems this problem is common with the PayPal website and with this useless community forum full of people who would rather condescend than actually take the time to respond. Hope this helps because that other guy sure didn't.

Thank you @temp20181107.  You can't imagine what your words mean to me. Be very careful contacting the website you found. I don't trust most places now, after being sent to a scammer by the virtual assistant of a huge company that is mostly considered reputable. That is what got me in this mess.  If you do decide to contact them, and they have an agreement you have to sign, do not sign it without reading the entire document. 

Thank you again

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.