cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I file a complaint against PayPal and it's agents?

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: How do I file a complaint against PayPal and it's agents?

Actually,  you need to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).  

The same thing happened to us that most people have been complaining about on the community site.  PayPal is not protecting buyers from scammers.  We lost $200 after being told by PayPal we would be refunded after receiving a $19 Game Handle, when we paid for a $200 Nintendo Switch from a company in China.  We sent the item back to China, have proof of mailing, sent PayPal everything they requested, and they closed our file and are refusing to address this problem.

We have now filed a complaint against PayPal for fraud with both the FTC as well as the BBB.  The more complaints about this issue that are filed, the more they would probably be willing to investigate them for fraud!!!

Highlighted
Contributor

they care less , paypal if returns your money they have return their cut too, so why should they solve the case for your favor if they going to loose money?

paypal is worst online payment system for consumers , most sellers will not except any other payment method other then PayPal . there is a reason for it and that they will win every dispute  case it will come to them . this what I, have seen. 

now I, try to avoid Paypal as much as I, can but choices are limited .

Highlighted
Contributor

The real fraud is PayPal themselves.. 

I filed a Claim - as I did not receive a 30 pound tent I ordered.

PayPal reached out to the seller and he provided them with a bogus tracking number.

While the tracking number did relate to Seattle WA.

It in no way relates to me or the seller or the weight of the package expected.

I've worked with PayPal for a Month now and getting nowhere.

I have provided proof-positive in the form or an email from UPS Fraud Department stating that the order was not addressed to me.

I went so far as to go to Seattle UPS Customer Center (not a UPS store) where I've known the manager for 20+ years.

Another employee printed out a document that clearly shows the sender name and the recipient name and complete address of both (which are not mine).

Also printed a Second document which shows all the tracking details down to the exact delivery address (which is not mine - not to mention my 30 pound tent is only 0.9 pounds on this bogus tracking number.

Note: this is rock solid evidence that would be accepted in any court of law, and yet PayPal will not accept this evidence. 

PayPal is demanding I provide an "Intranet Form" from UPS.

But UPS has indicated there is no such form as Intranet Form. The only "form" they can provide does not show the delivery address only the Zip Code. 

I have already provided not only the Zip Code but the full delivery address and even the full name of the recipient and the sender.

But PayPal refuses to re-open my case.

Ridiculous company.. 

Working on a complaint with the Washington State Attorney General - because I'm sure I'm not alone.

PayPal advertises Consumer protection - and on this particular order advertized exactly that - that is my complaint with the AG. 

Once settled (one way or the other) I will close my account of just over 20 years, and fully migrate to Zelle (a reputable company - in that they clearly and honestly advertises no protections).

Highlighted
Contributor

We should all contact our attorney General's office and file complaints against PayPal. How can we bring this to the attention of consumer agencies in our states, or tv stations to prevent more PayPal rip offs. I removed all money I had with PayPal as I no longer trust them, after seeing all of these complaints.
Highlighted
Contributor

Actually, you need to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The same thing happened to us that most people have been complaining about on this community site. PayPal is not protecting buyers from scammers (in China and likely elsewhere). We lost $200 after being told by PayPal we would be refunded after receiving a $19 Game Handle, when we bought and paid for a $200 Nintendo Switch from a company in China. We sent the item back to China, have proof of mailing, sent PayPal everything they requested, and they closed our file and are refusing to address this problem. This adds up to 100s of 1000s of dollars being fraudulently stolen when you think of the number of people who are going through this at $100-$200 per buyer. It needs to stop! We have now filed a complaint against PayPal for fraud with both the FTC as well as the BBB.
Highlighted
Contributor

They've stolen my mony by deducting currency conversion fees twice when I made order and when I cancelled the order. Only 15 seconds between these two operations.
Highlighted

Does PayPal ever man a phone? NO CUSTOMER SERVICE FOUND! Absolutely the worst site I've ever attempted to use. Multiple Uploads to their site just disappear! I tried uploading to messages after the response advisory. Evidently the info did not reach my dispute and PayPal denied my claim against a scammer. I no longer feel my trust in Paypal doing the right thing is justified. I'm not only disappointed but angry that Paypal approved a merchant account to a KNOWN SCAMMER. Then deny my dispute based on no response! Their approval of this retailer convinced me the retailer was legitimate at the time of my purchase.
Highlighted
Contributor

Please take action against PayPal!! You need to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The same thing happened to us that most people have been complaining about on this community site. PayPal is not protecting buyers from scammers (in China and likely elsewhere). We lost $200 after being told by PayPal we would be refunded after receiving a $19 Game Handle, when we bought and paid for a $200 Nintendo Switch from a company in China. We sent the item back to China, have proof of mailing, sent PayPal everything they requested, and they closed our file and are refusing to address this problem. This adds up to 100s of 1000s of dollars being fraudulently stolen when you think of the number of people who are going through this at $100-$200 per buyer. It needs to stop! We have now filed a complaint against PayPal for fraud with both the FTC as well as the BBB. I’m hoping that if a lot of people start taking action against the illegal activities that PayPal is clearly practicing (by filing complaints to the FTC/BBB), PayPal will be held accountable!!
Highlighted
New Community Member

Yep I made a couple of purchases. Vendor shipped broken dollar store crap instead of the equipment ordered. PayPal said I needed to return the items received with tracking at my expense in order to get a refund. Well items cost $30 each to buy. PayPal will pay $30 towards return shipping. Shipping with tracking even for a small item to China is over $70. PayPal tells me there is nothing they can do unless I return the item at my expense. Google it - seller must pay all expenses to get wrong items shipped returned. Also it is in PayPal’s own Buyer Protection plan. What a scam.
Highlighted
Contributor

And even if you ship the crap back, there is no assurance you will get your refund of orignal purchase. There are people who had shipped item back and the package never got delivered (either bad address or seller refused shipment). PP stupidly waits for seller confirmation of receipt before processing refund. I can't believe a human being with intelligence wrote up these PP policies.