How do I file a complaint against PayPal and it's agents?

temp20220424ab
New Community Member

I have never been so disgusted with the treatment and handling of a dispute I filed, including having the dispute put under a co-workers name even though I have the receipt to show I sent it. PayPal has been no help and every agent I speak to is either rude or disrespectful. I even had a "Manager" pretty much tell me to **bleep** off. They are allowing customers to get ripped off and are doing nothing to stop it. PayPal used to be a respectable company, but it is awful now. How do I file a complaint against them and get a US speaking representative without an attitude to assist me? I feel helpless. Is there a corporate number? 

Login to Me Too
59 REPLIES 59

drvest
New Community Member

I am having a terrible experience with Paypal after having a good experience for years. Last month they had what they called "technical issues" and debited 500 from my account in what they labeled "paypal adjustments". I called to compain and got two very rude agents who kept telling me i owd them monies when clearly I did not. Finally I got a manager who promised to check the logs and correct the problem and call me back. She then sent me an email saying they would credit the multiple incorrect "adjustments". Instead of crediting me the amounts, they debited them AGAIN! Then another $500 and a few days later! They have not taken $1500 from me. I have filed several more complaints through their customer service portal and I keep getting form letters. In addition to the $1500 they took, I have lost so much business as I was using Paypal to accept payments from customers. Its just terrible!!!!

Login to Me Too

Sokofam
Contributor
Contributor
Just encountered my first problem with PayPal this year after years of good service. PayPal has gone down hill. A seller defrauded me and PayPal denied claim saying I didn’t provide information they requested and I gave them everything they requested. They’re in cahoots with the sellers on this one for sure.
Login to Me Too

hourglass7998
Contributor
Contributor
Same here, they used to be great and have their buyers back now they inhibit scam sites. PayPal has become part of the problem by not holding sellers accountable for fraudulent activity!
Login to Me Too

KellyLoflin
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a bicycle in June and was sent a message from seller with a duplicate tracking number and according to the post office it weighed 3 ounces. I was sent a delivery notice with this tracking number that said it was left in my mailbox. A 20” bicycle? I started contacting pay pal with in the week of order, telling them something was wrong because the name was not the same as site I ordered, the site had been removed and the phone number was disconnected. They refuse to do anything about it. I believe they are part of the scam. I want my money returned.
Login to Me Too

besinaabaja
We need to stop using paypal there are better service out there
Login to Me Too

Bricknerar

I’m having the same problem right now. Any advice on how to fix it?

Login to Me Too

sharkshockey2
Contributor
Contributor

@Sokofam  I am going through the same thing right now, it's been almost 2 months and they keep giving the seller deadlines then they pass then they extend, it's happened 4 x now and all I get is "It's under review" and "we'll let you know, just keep checking your email!"  Were you able to take any additional steps? They are about as crooked as this seller!  

Login to Me Too

rozwiley

Pay Pal refused to refund me for a transaction, after I deactivated and closed a debit card and reported it to Paypal and removed card info, they claim I need to call the bank for the refund. Pay pal added the other refund as a credit and now I have 65.00 in credits where I cannot use because paypal refused to activate. Illegal's and not fair! Reported to CFPB, Aty Gen , BB and FTC

Login to Me Too

AnhNg
Contributor
Contributor
I have the exact feelings about Paypal which I have been a member for over 10 years! They're not good any more. So sad!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.