How do I contact a human person about a resolution?

catonpub
Contributor
Contributor

This is going to be long.  I hope someone will read it and be able to help me.

I filed a complaint through the resolution center.  

A case was opened and I got a reply as to what I had to do to get a refund.  I followed the instructions BUT... when I went to the postoffice to send the item back and get a tracking number I was told that there was no guarantee that my item would be able to be tracked in the returning country (China).  ie.             The postal clerk so much as said save your money it won't work.  She even wrote this information for me so I could send it on to PayPal.

I went to my case but was not able to enter this information or attach the photos until I added a tracking number which I didn't have because I was told not to waste my time.  There was no other way to contact PayPal to explain this.

I then entered a false tracking number along with a long explanation as to why I was doing this and attached the photos.  This went through BUT NO HUMAN READ THE CLAIM as I explained that I added a fake number because it was the only way it would go through.  The next thing I know they sent this fake number to the seller.

I was frustrated..... I wanted to explain what I was told and why I did not return the item with a tracking number.

I tried to send a response to the original email from PayPal.  This did not work.

I tried and completed 3 surveys with long explanations about why I was giving low marks and asked for a phone call.  That didn't work.  No Phone call.

In despiration, I even tried to call to talk to someone.  That person was absolutely no help.  She said she would send a return shipping label for me to use.  I GOT NOTHING.  I even asked that she put her comments in an email so I would have a record - NOTHING.

Today I got an email saying my claim was rejected because I did not supply a tracking number.  SO IF ANYONE AT PAYPAL ACTUALLY READ MY COMMENTS THE WOULD UNDERSTAND WHY.  GUESS NOT.

Sorry this is so long.  I always thought PayPal would be my resource against corrupt sellers.  Guess again. 

Is there any way you can actually communicate with a person at PayPal??  Is there anyway to send supporting documentation about a claim without completing the tracking number information????

In other words what can I do to try to get my money back from a fake, false and misleading seller?????

NOTE:::  There have been many complaints about this company, which I found out AFTER I made my purchase.  The ship the items from the US but force you to return them to China knowing (in my opinion) that there is no way to track and they can say they did not receive the item.  HENSE no refund.  There should be a way to stop this from happening to anyone else.  

I attached 2 photos among the many I sent to PayPal to support my claim.

infoFromPO.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-10 at 3.34.06 PM.png

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@catonpub 

Lots of folks have returned things to China and been refunded once tracking shows the item has entered China's postage system.

If you don't return then sadly whatever you write makes no difference as paypal view it that you can't keep the item and the refund.

To be honest best not to buy tat from China in the first place...........

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

catonpub
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Kernowlass for the information about return shipping.  I think this is what the person on the phone was trying to tell me but I got no return shipping label.

I guess I need to put in another claim to the resolution center and start all over again. 

I hear you about double checking for return addresses and phone numbers.  I will not make that mistake again.  

Appreciate your help.

Login to Me Too

Zyris
Contributor
Contributor

How did everything turn out for you?

I am in a similar situation.  I didn't realize a site was fake at first.  I looked for reviews and there were none.  Norton even said it was safe.  It was three days after I purchased my $98 of merchandise that the scam reviews started coming in and Norton was now saying the site was fraud.  The money wasn't withdrawn from my bank account yet or the item shipped, but PayPal would not let me cancel the transaction.  😞

So my item was shipped.  They shipped me a single plastic clear bead in a small padded yellow envelope from China California.

I put in a claim.  The seller will refund my full amount if I ship the China.  The problem is the mailing address is all in Chinese.  The post office needs it in english to ship there.  I can't get ahold of anyone at paypal due to the pandemic.  I have been trying for two days.

Can I just mail to Chino California?  I looked up the address.  It's a vacant lot.  Does PayPal just need a tracking number entered?  Or does the seller actually need to receive the package?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.