How do I complain about my credit card being illegally used in a fraudster's Paypal account?

THN
New Community Member

This question IS NOT about MY personal Paypal account. It's about someone else's account that attached my American Express credit card (that I never lost and was in my possession at all times) to his or her Paypal account and made purchases totaling about $2000 on that same card. These fraudulent activities have been reported my bank and the card has been cancelled. However, I would still like to lodge an official complaint to Paypal to hopefully blacklist this user and for Paypal to improve their security measures, but so far it appears that I am only able to make complaints on fraudulent activities that transpired in my own Paypal account. How do I get about this? Thanks! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

javis63
Contributor
Contributor

This just happened to me less than 24 hours ago.  The charges are still pending and if paypal would act now they can catch the perpetrator and deny the products being sent to them.  At the very least investigate.  I have use PayPal for many years and I would think that I am a loyal customer they would at least inquire about this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.