How do I appeal the outcome of a case that has already been closed by paypal?

relpmeplz
New Community Member

Backstory: On June 11th I found out that someone has been using my debit card/bank information to buy grubhub that was delivered to someone in california (I am in ohio and have never been to or known anyone in california, ie this is a stranger). I know where the food was delivered because this person was somehow using my grubhub account that was connected to my email, and I got an email with all of their information for each of their 9 orders they made with my money. I literally have the delivery address, a phone number, the names of the restaurants the food came from, even their tips and comments on my email. I believe I had a grubhub account that I used maybe once years ago but I didn't have the app installed on my phone at this time and don't use grubhub. When I found out I reported 8 out of the 9 transactions as unauthorized right away, and paypal recognized them as unauthorized and refunded my money. I couldn't report the 9th yet because it was still pending, so I reported it the very next day using the same process, but paypal decided that this one was not unauthorized, and that it was actually me and did not refund my money. Something about it being a monthly bill or something, I'm not sure but it wasn't me and I have an email receipt to prove it. 

There are no customer service people you can talk to on the phone right now so I have been trying to figure out how to appeal paypal's decision through the message center. I have literally never had a harder time trying to get an answer to a simple question. I think I have gone back and forth with ten or so people (I don't even know if they are actually people) and all I get are robotic answers  that don't answer a single one of my questions and then stop answering me in the middle of communicating with them. Essentially they keep telling me to look at my closed case and click the "appeal" button to have someone review the decision that was made, but there is no appeal button. There is no option to have my case reviewed again. Everytime I try to explain this through the messaging center they give me the same copy and pasted response that led me to this dead end in the first place and then just leave. I am beyond frustrated and depressed about the whole situation; It was a lot of money and I am unemployed right now. 

How can I get a human being to review this unauthorized transaction case and help me get my money back? The case was closed on June 12th and I have been running in circles that lead nowhere with customer service ever since then. Supposedly I only have 10 days after a case is closed to appeal a decision which means I guess it has to be done today, maybe tomorrow. No clue what to do. Thank you in advance for your replies. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

xXIlIlIlIlIXx
Contributor
Contributor
Hey relpmeplz 👋

So actually to resolve your case here all you have to do is Phone PayPal Customer Service instead of emailing as the reps can help you WAY more then the automated robots can and tell them to reopen the case and that you have proof it wasnt you and throw in there that they should check the IP Addresses aswell and after you give them proof the case will reopen and be escalated to the Fraud Team HQ! and after that they will review it and see its not you and automatically refund the money!😁

#DontWorry
Best Of Luck 🥂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.