How do I actually communicate with PayPal?

bitsbargain
Contributor
Contributor

There really doesn't seem to be a way to communicate to anyone at PayPal to speak to the issue of China fraud? I have been to the resolution centre a couple of times and all I seem to get is the run around. I recognize that the amount of money in question is $47.00 but that's not the point? What is the point of having PayPal if they default to the vendors story? If I may, hers a quick review of my experience. Purchased something online from a Chinese vendor. Vendor sends a item that is clearly meant to fulfill they obligation except that what they sent was a cheap toy that you would find in a dollar store. I cry foul and of course the vendor in China never replied to me the consumer through their purported support email address that is never replied to, not even once. I ask PayPal to check and suddenly they communicate to PayPal as if they are on the up and up. Resolution centre suggests that I return the item to China to a supplied address that I was not able in any way to determine if it was a real address that could be delivered to? But here's the kicker- they wanted me to send the item back to China using a trackable method? I laughed and said PayPal would want me to spend an additional $80.00 so that I could track the item back to China to an address that could not validated? I balked and sent it normal post, just the way the vendor sent it to me originally that took over 10 weeks to arrive? So in short, no one at PayPal will speak to me and they declined the claim for refund because I wasn't stupid enough to throw good money after bad? I can only summarize that PayPal, as enablers of online theft is more interested in their commission than serving the needs of the consumer they are supposed to protect. This is completely unacceptable and I will continue to share this story with everyone I know and then some. If any members have similar experiences, or could suggest how the hell I get someones attention beyond someone behind a chat box that keeps apologizing for my negative experience, but won't refund my money?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bitsbargain 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/ca/for-you/shop/refunded-returns

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.