How can i claim a refund made for a fraud person and account??

Sobbe
Contributor
Contributor
I have made a transaction to buy an item from a seller. He / She is not responding to my mails regarding the purchase i have made. Don’t know what to do?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Sobbe,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

If you did not receive what you ordered and you completed the payment with the Goods and Services option, you can dispute the payment for an Item Not Received within 180 days from the date of the transaction.  In general, once you open a dispute, you have the opportunity to find a friendly solution without PayPal's intervention. The dispute can only stay open for a maximum of 20 days. If you do not find a mutual solution in this timeframe, you can escalate the case to a PayPal claim and let PayPal manage the situation. If you do not take action on the dispute during that timeframe, the situation would be considered resolved and due to this, closed in the seller's favour.

Once a buyer has opened a dispute and escalated it to a claim, a seller has 10 days to respond to it giving us enough information for the claim investigation. If no information is provided within that timeframe, the case will automatically close in the buyer's favour. If the seller provides the requested information, PayPal will review the case and make a decision. Both parties will be informed about the case outcome via email and via the Resolution Centre. 

Here is more information: 

I hope this helps!

Martina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.