How can PayPal rule against me??? Help!??

ukguru2009
Contributor
Contributor
Story. Buyer buys brand new keyboard off me on ebay. I offer 30 days no quibble money back warranty in my terms Buyer contacts me after 3 months saying the keyboard broke. I say if it was within 30 days but I can't do much contact manufacturer possibly (but there was no warranty). See a PayPal case opened shocked but I phone up and the PayPal agent assures me it will most certainly be in my favour after such a period of time and the item was brand new. I log in today to see they have requested the buyer to return the item for a refund!!! I didn't upload any documents was that the issue? What's going on? Ridiculous? Surely I'm in the right? PayPal didn't even message me to say the ruling. I've just logged in now to find it went against me. Surely this is ridiculous? How can it be? What can I do? Help!!! £72 that I feel conned out of. What should I do? I'm surely in the right?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@ukguru2009 wrote:
Story. Buyer buys brand new keyboard off me on ebay. I offer 30 days no quibble money back warranty in my terms Buyer contacts me after 3 months saying the keyboard broke. I say if it was within 30 days but I can't do much contact manufacturer possibly (but there was no warranty). See a PayPal case opened shocked but I phone up and the PayPal agent assures me it will most certainly be in my favour after such a period of time and the item was brand new. I log in today to see they have requested the buyer to return the item for a refund!!! I didn't upload any documents was that the issue? What's going on? Ridiculous? Surely I'm in the right? PayPal didn't even message me to say the ruling. I've just logged in now to find it went against me. Surely this is ridiculous? How can it be? What can I do? Help!!! £72 that I feel conned out of. What should I do? I'm surely in the right?

Hi @ukguru2009,

PayPal make an informed decision, based on the evidence available to them. You would have been requested to present documentation or other acceptable evidence in advance of their review, in order to support your case.

If no evidence was provided, the case would have been found in the buyer's favor. As their item would have been covered under Buyer Protection for 6 months, it is the seller's responsibility to provide concrete evidence that the item was delivered, as described and in a new condition.

Although, the decision made at the conclusion of a buyer claim is final it can be appealed if new information is presented which was not considered during the original investigation.

If you would like to appeal the outcome of a claim you can do so within 10 days by following these steps:

1. Go to Resolution Centre.
  2. Under 'Resolution Centre Cases' select Closed cases in the drop down menu and find the claim.
  3. Under 'Action', click Appeal.
  4. Provide information for your appeal.

If it has been more than 10 days, the case outcome cannot be petitioned for re-consideration. I appreciate that it is an inconvenience to you, however in the future, it is important that as much supporting evidence as possible is submitted to a buyer's dispute case.

Login to Me Too

ukguru2009
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your response. But the case is still technically open awaiting buyer to send it back. How can I dispute it? Or can i?
Login to Me Too

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@ukguru2009 wrote:
Thanks for your response. But the case is still technically open awaiting buyer to send it back. How can I dispute it? Or can i?

Hi @ukguru2009,

Please click here to retrieve their contact number. You should select the phone option. Once connected to an adviser, explain the circumstances of your situation. 

Once the adviser has checked the case status, further specific advice can be provided to you. If the item has been returned, I would not be able to estimate the outcome.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.