How can I get my refund?

AmyLin
Contributor
Contributor

I sent back an item that the seller agreed to give me a full refund for as soon as they had my tracking info. I sent the tracking info from Fed Ex to PayPal and the dealer. PayPal closed my dispute and said I hadn't submitted it to them after receiving an email from PayPal that they had forwarded my tracking info to the seller! The item was being returned to China and it was a two-step process, so there was a second tracking number, which I also sent to PayPal. It took several weeks to get there, but once it arrived at its final destination, I alerted PayPal. I also wrote them several times that it was on its way and not to close my dispute. I haven't gotten any response from them on this issue and am very frustrated by their inaction. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AmyLin 

Typically, you have to enter the tracking number directly in the claim when PayPal instructed you to return your item. Was that done? Emailing may not put the tracking number in the system where the computer can automatically process it.

Best to call customer service to have this sorted.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us

You can drill down to your issue and click Call Us after the “This information might help” box or just scroll down to click “Call Us”.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

AmyLin
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, Sharpie. Yes, I entered it and also supplied photos of the receipt with the tracking information, which they then reimbursed me for. 

I was trying to find a phone number to call in the "Contact Us" pull down but could never find it. So thanks for leading me to it!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.